What Causes Sewer Line Damage?
Sewer line damage is a more common issue than people assume. A home’s plumbing system runs day and night with water and waste exiting the structure through a sewer line. Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Rochester has provided exceptional plumbing service to requests throughout the area as sewer lines encounter issues and require repairs or replacements. Various causes can inflict damage to your sewer line and render your toilets, sinks, and other drains and fixtures unusable. Our technicians perform quick and effective residential sewer line repair and replacement services to restore your plumbing system so that it can move wastewater and materials away from your home. Generally, any pipe can break because of extreme internal pressure from running water and external pressure from the ground. We’ve listed some sewer line damage causes you should know about:
- Poor maintenance
- Poor sewer pipe installation, design, or layout
- Tree roots infiltrating your sewer pipe holes and joints
- Oil grease, sludge, hair, toilet paper, debris, and other material buildups
- Backup from a city’s sewer line
- Regular ground freezes and thaws
- Wear and tear from aging
Signs I have a Broken Sewer Pipe
Your sewer line will typically display signs you have an issue, such as a break in the pipes. Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Rochester wants customers to be aware of various common indications so that they can act quickly and schedule prompt repair or replacement services. You may think the price attached to these services may be overwhelming. However, a residential sewer line repair or replacement cost is a much easier number to deal with than extensive work to restore your system after sewer line damage spreads and worsens. Additionally, we maintain competitive prices on all our plumbing repairs
, replacements, and other solutions to ensure your project is more affordable. Our plumbing specialists are ready to visit your home if a broken sewer pipe is showing any of the following signs:
- Lack of water in your toilets
- Noticeable sewage backup in your tub, toilet, or basement
- Your bathtub drains slowly or fails to drain
- Sewer odor in areas of your property, such as your yard and basement
Solutions to a Broken Sewer Line
Mr. Rooter® of Rochester's sewer line repair and plumbing experts will examine your sewer line cracks and damage and perform a timely sewer line assessment to determine the best solution. We do everything we can to avoid replacing your sewer line at all costs. Your home may have a unique sewer system and property layout, but every home has some basic issues we can address with timely and effective service options. We’ve listed some of the most common sewer line repair and replacement services we perform:
- Pipe relining – We use this method to give you new pipes from the inside out. Another option is lining your existing sewer pipes with a type of sleeve to prevent cracks in your pipes. We start this process by cleaning out your pipe and then applying the lining, which hardens in a few short hours.
- Preventive pipe maintenance – Regular pipe maintenance is essential because it helps prevent sewer line damage from happening in the first place. We regularly inspect and clean your drains to keep out significant debris and buildup from your pipes, helping you avoid clogs, cracks, and bursts.
- Burst pipe hydraulic replacement – Our plumbing specialists may need to pull a new sewer pipe through your old one if it sustains too much damage. We perform this trenchless technique using hydraulics to break apart your damaged pipe and replace it seamlessly with a new one.
Details About Residential Sewer Line Replacement
Repairs are not always possible, so you may need to contact Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Rochester to schedule a visit to your home to perform a sewer line replacement. We clearly explain your repair or replacement options, review your sewer line issue, and show you precisely how we will resolve it. You can count on our plumbing technicians because we never attempt to oversell you on unnecessary products during a replacement. Unlike other traditional sewer line replacement strategies, our trenchless methods are less invasive and won't destroy your lawn or landscaping. You also benefit from trenchless repairs and replacement because they’re more cost-effective. Our team has completed countless residential sewer line repairs and replacements at all types of household properties. We work diligently to save customers time and money, no matter which sewer line services they need.
Call Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Rochester Today
Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Rochester is ready to help if tree roots ruin your sewer lines or you notice unhealthy sewage leaking under your property. You can reach out to our team to fix your cracked, deformed, broken, or collapsed sewer pipes quickly and efficiently. Contact us today to repair or replace your residential sewer line. You can request an estimate
to start the process.