Signs You Have Leaking Toilets & Faucets
Do you suspect you have a leak in one of your faucets? Mr. Rooter Plumbing of the Tri-Valley can help you identify a leak and provide exceptional plumbing solutions. The following are common indications a faucet is leaking in your home:
- Faucet Drips: Can you hear dripping sounds or see signs of drips? You may not notice drips in rooms you don’t typically visit as much as other rooms in your home. While you should listen closely for dripping sounds in frequently used rooms, it’s wise to check on rooms you tend to neglect.
- Rust or Water Puddles: Is there rust or water puddles at your faucets’ bases, around your sink, tub, or shower drains, or on the floor under a faucet? You can reach out to the experts at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of the Tri-Valley if any rust-colored puddles show up in your home.
- Higher Water Bill: Do you have a higher than usual water bill? An increase in your water bill is a very common sign you have a water leak. You can call our service professional to visit your home and look if you suspect a water leak.
- Squeaky Faucets: Squeaky faucets that are troublesome to turn on and off entirely are sometimes a sign of a more severe plumbing problem, so calling a seasoned service professional when you have squeaky faucets is essential.
- Mold or Rotten Food Smell: A moldy, rotten food smell in your home could be because of a pipe leak. It’s crucial to have Mr. Rooter’s team check it out immediately.
Leaky Toilet Signs
Do you suspect your toilet has a leak? Common signs you have a leaky toilet include the following:
- Faucet Noises: Bubbling noises or groaning sounds coming from the pipes beneath or behind your toilet can sometimes indicate a plumbing leak.
- Mysterious Water on the Bathroom Floor: Have you spotted mysterious water puddles forming on your bathroom floor? This issue could be an early indication of a bigger plumbing problem.
- Uneven Floor or Tile: Homeowners can sometimes notice a bump in their bathroom tiles or floor coming up around a toilet and discover a slow leak has occurred.
- Moldy or Sewer Gas Smells: Extreme, foul odors like sewer gas or a moldy, rotten smell may be a sign of a plumbing issue.
Signs of a Water Heater Leak
We’ve listed some common signs your water heater has a leak:
- Excess moisture or small puddles near the tank
- A restricted supply or lack of hot water
- Unusual sounds or noises like dripped water coming from your water heater
- Uneven flooring or raised floor tiles near your water heater’s base
Signs of a Washing Machine Leak
A leaking washing machine hose can show various signs, such as:
- Small water pools near or behind your washing machine
- A moldy or musty smell in your laundry room
- Bulging or cracked hoses
- Loose or rusted hose connections
Signs of Other Household Leaks
Aside from your major appliances, you can experience leaks in several other areas around your home, including the following:
- Natural Gas Line Leak – The natural gas heats water in your boiler can be extremely dangerous. Carbon monoxide gas is the most common issue, and natural gas is highly flammable and lethal if your family is exposed to it in large quantities. A rotten egg odor is a common indication you have a natural gas leak. If there’s a natural gas line in your home, you should always keep carbon monoxide monitors fully charged and near any appliance using natural gas.
- Broken Water Lines – Your residential property can develop severe damage because of a broken water line. This issue can also drastically increase your monthly water bills. Because you find water lines under your home and in your walls, you may not notice leaks until you spot any signs of property damage. Scheduling routine plumbing maintenance with a highly trained and seasoned service professional is your best method to avoid a broken water line.
Schedule an Appointment for a Leaking Pipe Service
Do you suspect one of your pipes has a leak in your home in San Ramon and the surrounding areas, including Dublin, Danville, and Pleasanton, CA? No matter what leak type develops, our leaking pipe repair service professionals can resolve it. Call Mr. Rooter Plumbing of the Tri-Valley’s team of highly trained and adeptly skilled service professionals to get conclusive residential pipe leak repair services. Contact us today for more information about our comprehensive residential plumbing service options, request an estimate, or schedule an appointment!