A clogged drain halts your day's productivity and can leave you with a foul-smelling inconvenience. In most cases, clogged drain repair is a simple fix that can often be handled without the expertise of a plumber. However, when your clogged drain is giving you problems, Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Ventura County is here to remedy your home’s comfort and function with a trusted clogged drain repair service in Ventura, CA.
Signs You Have a Clogged Drain
When a clogged drain disrupts your plumbing, you may notice some key signs indicating it’s time to rely on the professionals at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Ventura County. Common signs of a clogged drain include:
- Water backed up from your sink drain
- Pools of water near your shower drain
- Slow or no draining in your sink, shower, or bathtub
- Bubbling sounds in the toilet when the faucet is in use
- Gurgling sounds from your drains when you use your washing machine or dishwasher
- Pools of water near the bathtub or sink on the floor
- Foul smells deriving from your kitchen drains
- Sewage odors within your drains, which is a tell-tale sign of a clogged sewer drain
DIY Drain Clog Repair
Certain sink drain clogs can be handled independently without needing to call a plumber for clogged drain repair. When you’re experiencing a minor clogged drain, follow these steps to try to fix the blockage in your sink drains on your own:
- Run your faucet until the water reaches midway into your sink
- For sinks with double faucets and drains, plug one drain with a wet cloth
- For sinks with overflow holes, cover the hole while you attempt to fix your clogged drain
- Use a cup plunger in an up-and-down motion to loosen the blockage
- Repeat this process several times until the drain is cleared and the water begins draining as usual
DIY Clogged Drain Repair for Showers and Bathtubs
When your drain clog is located within your shower or bathtub, performing a DIY clogged drain repair varies slightly from that of a clogged drain repair for a sink. To unclog a shower or bathtub drain, you will need a plumbing-safe, chemical drain cleaner combined with a drain snake that you will gently weave through your drain to dissolve the obstruction that halts your drain function. When this process does not alleviate the clog, you can rely on Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Ventura County for trusted clogged drain service to remedy the problem quickly and efficiently.
The Importance of Drain Clog Repair
Your home’s drain pipes are commonly used components in your household. They are prone to becoming lined with buildups from daily use, such as grease, harsh minerals, hair, rust, and other debris. When this buildup is left to accumulate, your pipes become subject to corrosion which over time deteriorates your plumbing, resulting in costly damage and replacement services. Fortunately, these occurrences can be mitigated with the help of the service professionals at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Ventura County. Our team offers reliable preventative maintenance through our Advantage Plan, giving homeowners access to regularly scheduled inspections, maintenance services, and repairs that prolong the life expectancy and performance of their plumbing while keeping complex and expensive repair needs at bay.
Drain Clog Repair Emergencies
When a drain clog repair develops into a plumbing emergency, Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Ventura County is here to help you navigate this unpleasant experience. If you are dealing with a singular clogged drain resulting in water overflow or leakage, you may turn off the designated valve that controls that feature. In cases where you are faced with several clogged drains that are giving you a plumbing emergency, you may turn off the entire fixture, known as the main valve, that controls every plumbing component in your home. If you are unfamiliar with your home’s valves or feel more comfortable having a service professional oversee this process, contact our service professionals at our 24-hour live answering service for prompt assistance and a clogged drain repair estimate.
Work With the Industry Leaders in Clogged Drain Service
Your home’s plumbing plays a vital role in the function of your home. When you need a clogged drain repair service, you need reputable service professionals who value your home as theirs. That’s why customers in Venture, CA choose Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Ventura County for their plumbing needs. As Ventura, CA’s leading plumber for clogged drain services, you can expect the following benefits when you rely on our service professionals:
- Upfront service estimates and no overtime charges
- Uniformed service professionals are known for outstanding customer service
- Flexible appointment scheduling and personalized service that meets your needs
Schedule Your Clogged Drain Repair Service Today
Don’t let your home’s clogged drain become a more intricate and costly problem. Choose Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Ventura County for prompt and effective drain clog repair that restores the function and comfort of your home. Contact our friendly team today to discuss your clogged drain repair service and request your service estimate.