Common Causes of Damage to Sewer Lines
Your sewer lines always work to transfer water and waste away from your home. The most common causes of damaged sewer lines include the following:
- Improper installation
- Lack of maintenance
- Aging pipes
- Tree root intrusions
- Freezing and thawing
- Earth movement
- City sewer line backups
- Clogged sewer lines due to debris
Signs of Damaged Sewer Pipes
We understand it’s challenging to know if you have damaged sewer pipes. The most common signs of a break in your sewer pipes include:
- Slow-moving drains
- Unusual flooding on your lawn
- Sewer backup in drains and toilets
- Foul odors near drains
- Gurgling sounds in the toilet
- Lack of water in toilets
Sewer Line Inspections & Repairs
Our service professionals will perform an extensive sewer line inspection to find the cause of your problems. We replace sewer lines and offer additional services, including:
- Pipe Relining – Pipe relining involves giving you new pipes from the inside out. Using a sleeve, our service professionals reline your existing damaged pipes.
- Preventative Maintenance – Our preventive maintenance services help catch sewer line issues before they become significant. We will routinely inspect and clean your drains to keep debris out of your pipes.
- Burst Pipe Hydraulic Replacement – We use burst pipe hydraulic replacement services if your sewer pipe is severely damaged. Our trenchless technique uses hydraulics to break apart the existing line and seamlessly replace it.
How Many Times a Year Do I Need Sewer Line Cleaning?
The most common reason you need sewer line services is for tree root intrusions in your pipeline. You will need more professional sewer cleaning services if you have an aggressive tree root problem. We will also consider damaged sections of your pipes to determine the number of times you need sewer line services each year. We recommend our plumbing maintenance services to ensure your sewer line is in optimal condition.
Sewer Line Replacements Services
If we determine your sewer line is damaged beyond repairs, we will schedule a sewer line replacement. Our team will help you understand the problem and show you how we will fix it. We can utilize our trenchless sewer line replacement method as a less invasive and faster way to replace your sewer line.
Schedule A Sewer Line Inspection
Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Will County provides licensed and insured service professionals to inspect and repair your sewer line problems. We proudly serve Joliet, Plainfield, and Will County, IL, homeowners with comprehensive plumbing services. Contact us today to schedule an appointment for your home's sewer line repair cost.