Leak Detection in Austin, TX
Slab Leak Detection Near You
Leaks range from inconvenient to a major problem and, either way, they should be fixed as soon as possible—a small leak can still lead to major repairs if left alone. However, leaks can be difficult to spot because they are built into walls and under floors, and this is especially true for slab leaks, which occur underneath your home’s foundation. Therefore, the best way to detect leaks is to call on Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Austin technicians, who are trained to spot and repair all plumbing problems, including slab leaks.
Despite the difficulty of detecting slab leaks, there are some red flags you can look for that signal a problem:
- Wet Spots – If your pipes are leaking, water will reach places it wouldn’t otherwise—for example, inside walls and around appliances that use water, like the dishwasher.
- Mold Growth – According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, mold is attracted to moisture, so a leaking pipe can cause mold growth wherever the leak occurs.
- Foundation Damage – Prolonged water exposure from slab leaks can cause foundation damage; if you notice wet spots or cracks in your walls, floors, or basement, then a slab leak may be the cause.
- Foul Odors – Because your plumbing connects to your sewer line or septic tank, a leak often results in sewage smells around the damaged area.
- No Water – Leaks can prevent water from reaching a sink, washing machine, or kitchen appliance depending on where the leak occurs.
- Low Pressure – Like above, a minor leak might not prevent water from reaching your appliance completely, but the water could lack pressure.
Noticing these signs gives you a chance to call our technicians so that we fix the issue before it becomes a bigger problem. We also offer our services 24/7, and our prices are the same regardless of the time or day that you schedule, so don’t hesitate to request a professional!