Sewer System Backups in Austin
Call Our Local, Trusted Pros!
Your home is connected to an intricate, interconnected system of pipes and channels throughout the city that is designed to evacuate used and untreated fluids and sewage while bringing in clean and sanitary water. Sometimes, conditions—such as debris, material buildup, and tree roots—can cause a residential area’s sewer system to malfunction, leading to backed-up sewage and inefficient drainage.
At Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Austin, we proudly deliver professional plumbing solutions for sewer systems. Our team of plumbing experts has the expertise and experience to take on virtually any sewer system issue. We utilize the latest techniques and state-of-the-art equipment to ensure your home is free from filthy conditions arising from backed-up sewer systems. We provide around-the-clock emergency plumbing services for sewer system issues that develop at inconvenient times.
Call (512) 298-4916 to prevent sewer system backup issues from endangering your family’s health and damaging your home.
General Signs of Sewer System Backup Issues
When defects in a residential sewer system lead to sewage backups that affect your home, it is a serious problem that needs an equally serious solution. Symptoms of a major sewage system problem can be observed when fluids flow out of multiple drains, gurgling drains, inexplicable pooling around drains, the strong stench of sewage emanating from drains. Among the primary culprits that can cause sewage system backups include failing cast iron pipes and tree root intrusions.
Backups Affecting Residential Sewer Lines
If your home was built decades ago, then its sewer system is probably mostly constructed of old cast iron pipes. No matter how strong the pipes are when they are first installed, the passage of time will gradually start to affect them. As the years pass, cracks and corrosion can start to damage those pipes, causing sewer line failures like backups, clogs, and backflows. It is not a situation you want to allow to continue unaddressed, as sewer line failures can cause serious health hazards that put your family at risk.
How can you know if the pipes comprising your home’s sewer system are failing, or if some other sewer line defect is forming? Identifying the warning signs can be tricky, but it isn’t impossible if you know what to look for.
Signs of a backed-up or damaged sewer line include:
- Slow draining and flushing
- Pooling around multiple drains
- Malodorous smells throughout your property
- Sewage appearing from toilets and drains
- Inexplicably thriving foliage in certain areas only
If your sewer system is experiencing overflows and backups, contact Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Austin right away. We will work diligently and quickly to diagnose and repair your sewer line backups and related issues, so your residence does not get overrun with biological and environmental hazards.
Comprehensive Tree Root Intrusion Services
What is “tree root intrusion?” The roots of a tree naturally grow toward sources of nutrients and water. When condensation builds up around leaking pipes, it can attract tree roots seeking out water sources. These roots can eventually breach pipe walls, wreaking havoc on a sewer system by creating clogs, exacerbating leaks, and bursting pipes.
At Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Austin, we have experience dealing with the ravages of tree root intrusion. Our team of experienced plumbing professionals will implement advanced techniques and cutting-edge equipment to minimize the damage of tree root intrusion.
We can employ the following solutions to your tree root intrusion problem:
- Rooter work: The first step to treating tree root intrusion is by clearing pipe lines by punching through the tree root so your sewer system can operate normally. We will then assess the full extent of the intrusion and recommend the best course of action.
- HydroScrub: For a lasting solution to your sewer problems, we can clean pipes using high-pressure water jets that will remove buildup and debris, including tree roots. Our unique HydroScrub method both remedies and prevents issues associated with tree root intrusion.
- Pipe lining: By lining sewer pipe with a “sleeve,” we can seal off leaky pipes that would attract tree roots. We focus the application of pipe lining to defective pipes, avoiding the need for trenching.
- Pipe bursting: Using hydraulics, we can break away old, troublesome pipes and seamlessly install newer replacement pipes.
- Regular maintenance: A key to preventing major sewer system problems is by scheduling routine inspections and conducting regular maintenance work. This will help ensure that our solutions continue working and that new problems do not arise.
Our plumbing specialists at Mr. Rooter Plumbing will work efficiently to quickly contain the adverse effects of a backup. We will zero-in on the root of the problem and determine an appropriate fix to ensure you can enjoy uninterrupted comfort in your home in the future.
Call Mr. Rooter Plumbing at (855) 982-2028 if your sewer system is showing signs of trouble.