Slab leaks occur under the concrete foundations of a property. Not only do these leaks waste water, but they can also lead to significant damage if left unattended. If you fail to make necessary repairs to fix a slab leak, the water can saturate the soil under the property and cause the building to sink into the ground.
Common Causes of Slab Leaks
- Improper Construction: Improperly installed or poor-quality pipes often lead to slab leaks. Kinked, bent, or dented pipes in the slab can potentially burst and cause major damage from corrosion.
- Outside Pressure: Pressure on the foundation of your property can shift the pipes and even cause your house to slightly move. From earthquakes to soil erosion, there are numerous outside factors that can cause slab leaks.
- Poor Water Chemistry & Quality: If your water’s pH level is excessively acidic or has too much alkaline, it can eventually corrode your pipes. One of the signs of acidic water is finding blue or green stains in your bathtub, shower, or sink. A chlorine-like smell can indicate poor water quality.
- Abrasion: The pipes on your property can gradually wear down from rubbing against concrete, gravel, and other materials. Constant friction can eventually cause leaks in the pipes.
What Are the Signs of a Slab Leak?
Do you think your property has a slab leak? If so, keep an eye out for the following signs and then give us a call so we can schedule your service:
- Hot areas on the floor
- Increased utility and water bills
- Low water pressure in the shower and sink
- Wet spots on the floor and carpet
- Mold on the floor or under the carpet
- The sound of water running when it is off
- Soggy spots near your home’s foundation
If you recognize any of the signs listed above, call Mr. Rooter® Plumbing of Austin to discuss your situation with our dedicated plumbers so we can determine the best course of action to resolve your issue.
We Proudly Serve Customers Throughout Austin
At Mr. Rooter® Plumbing of Austin, we believe that it’s our job to deliver more than just good plumbing repairs. We strive to provide homeowners and business owners with top-notch services that will give them peace of mind and control over their situation. We understand that plumbing issues are stressful and require immediate help. That is why we provide upfront prices and quick response times for all of our plumbing services. We also offer emergency service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
To request your estimate from one of our team members, please call today!