Plumbing Repair in Columbia, SC
Skilled Plumber Near You
Urgent plumbing repairs that can't wait? We can help! When you need a plumber for repairs to your home plumbing system, it can be difficult to know where to turn. You want plumbers in Columbia, SC who won’t overcharge you or leave a gigantic mess, and you want to be sure the job is done right the first time. Choose Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Columbia SC. We are locally owned and operated, but backed by the resources and reputation of a nationally respected brand name. From our quick service estimates to our friendly, knowledge plumbers who are available 24/7, it's no wonder Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Columbia SC is the preferred plumber for your friends and neighbors!
Our courteous, uniformed plumbers are licensed, bonded, and insured, and we guarantee the parts and work for any repairs we make. Even better? We give you upfront, flat-rate pricing so you’ll know exactly what to expect—no hidden fees or upcharges—and we don’t charge overtime for weekends or holidays. We’re available for emergency plumbing repairs 24/7 because we know some things can’t wait until business hours.
If you need a plumbing repair, call (803) 219-8541. We’ll be there quickly to fix the issue, and we’ll clean up after ourselves before we leave!
Common Plumbing Problems in Columbia
As one of the first planned cities in the United States, with a history dating back more than 200 years, Columbia, South Carolina, has plenty of old homes with old plumbing systems. And with old plumbing systems often come plumbing problems, which can run the gamut from minor inconveniences to major health and safety hazards. Some you notice right away, like a busted water heater or a clogged drain, but others may not be so obvious, such as a corroded pipe leaking inside the walls.
Have you noticed any of the following issues?
- An unexplained spike in the water bill
- Frequent or persistent clogs
- Cracked or leaking pipes
- Obvious corrosion of pipes
- Frozen pipes
- Backup of sewage
- Formation of a pipe belly
- Tree root intrusion
These are all common issues Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Columbia SC has helped solve for homeowners throughout the area. Our highly trained and knowledgeable plumbers can inspect your system, diagnose the problem, recommend a solution, and, with your go-ahead, take care of the issue quickly and efficiently.
What to Do About Frozen Pipes
Though our climate in South Carolina isn’t as cold as in other parts of the country, we still experience burst pipes due to freezing from time to time. When the water inside a pipe freezes, the resulting ice swells and expands to block the flow. Pressure builds around this blockage and can cause the pipe to crack or burst. During especially frigid temperatures, it’s a good idea to turn on a faucet in your home just a little, keeping a light but steady stream of water flowing through the pipes. This movement creates enough energy to prevent pipes from freezing.
If, however, you do turn on the tap during the cold winter and find nothing comes out, call our Columbia plumbers right away. We can confirm that it’s a frozen pipe and thaw it out safely. If it’s not a frozen pipe, we can diagnose the issue and repair your plumbing system. Either way, you’re in capable hands.
Plumbing Repair Services in Columbia
At Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Columbia SC, we take a personalized approach to plumbing, providing long-lasting solutions with exceptional customer service. We ensure our team of local Columbia plumbers is extensively trained to our high standards and equip them with state-of-the-art tools to deliver industry-leading plumbing repairs and services to homeowners throughout the area. Our skilled team can help you with a full range of plumbing repairs, including:
- Clogged drains – Whether caused by a buildup of grease and cooking debris, a foreign object, a tangle of hair and soap scum, or something else, our plumbers can clear the clog and clean your drain with ease. We can use traditional methods or our HydroScrub® Jetting technology, depending on the size and location of the clog.
- Leaking pipes – When leaks go unaddressed, the resulting water damage can pose a threat to your family’s health and safety from mold growth, weakened structures, and more. Call us right away if you notice damp spots on the walls, ceiling, or floor, or if you have unexplained spikes in your water bill—these are often signs of a leak.
- Water heaters – If your water doesn’t get past lukewarm or if it isn’t heating up as quickly as it once did, your water heater may be malfunctioning. Depending on its age and condition, we may be able to repair it or recommend replacing it. We also provide 24/7 emergency water heater repair in the event of a leak or burst.
- Sewer systems – A backed-up sewer system has the potential to make your family sick from contaminated water and sewage. Gurgling in toilets or drains and foul odors often signal a sewer problem, so call us for repair if you notice these things.
- Water lines – Broken water lines can cut off your source of running water, which is a significant problem. Our plumbers are trained in non-invasive repair methods and replacement techniques for water lines to minimize any disruption to your home or yard.
- Septic systems – Every 3 to 5 years, your septic tank should be emptied and service to avoid any major problems. Our team can provide you with septic tank pumping, inspection, and repairs.
- Boilers – This equipment should receive routine maintenance to keep it working at its best. We can perform boiler tune-ups, as well as address problems such as leaks, low water levels, or malfunctioning pilot lights.
- Sump pumps – To prevent basement flooding in the event of a heavy storm or broken water main, it’s essential to make sure your sump pump is in proper working order. We can install, maintain, repair, or replace sump pumps in Columbia homes.
- Gas lines – Age or regular wear and tear can cause gas lines to crack, leak, or otherwise malfunction. Allow our team to inspect your gas lines and perform periodic maintenance to ensure the safety of your family.
- Backflow prevention devices – This important device keeps contaminated water from flowing back into your clean water supply, so it’s vital to make sure it’s functioning correctly. Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Columbia SC offers regular testing and maintenance for backflow prevention devices, as well as repair and replacement for any issues.
- Water quality – Columbia homeowners don’t have too many complaints about water hardness since our water supply is relatively soft. However, if you have trouble with mineral deposits from your water or wish to soften your water even further, we can help install and maintain a water softener in your home. We can also troubleshoot any other quality concerns, which may involve cleaning or replacing your pipes or installing a point-of-use or whole-home water filtration system.
Professional Plumber in Columbia, SC
Find out why your neighbors trust us for plumbing repairs in Columbia, SC, and the surrounding area. We’re ready to spring into action whenever you need us with 24/7 emergency plumbing repairs. If the matter isn’t urgent, we’ll set you up with a convenient appointment time that works with your schedule, and we’ll arrive promptly when we say we will. We’ll treat you, your family, and your home with respect and leave everything as clean as we found it. When you need plumbing repairs done right, turn to Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Columbia SC.
Call (803) 219-8541 now to schedule an appointment or request emergency service!