Our experienced plumbers are available 24/7 and have access to industry-leading tools to help detect and handle any of the plumbing repairs you need to restore your system. Whether you need help determining where the leak is coming from or it’s causing an emergency for your home, we'll be able to provide you with the reliable service you need – when you need them most!
What Are the Common Causes of Leaking Pipes in Naperville?
There are several common causes of leaking pipes in Naperville that homeowners should be aware of. Knowing these can help you understand leaks and prevent them from happening in the first place. Here are some of the most common reasons for leaking pipes in our area:
- Pipe Corrosion – Pipes can corrode from age, water quality, or chemical exposure over time. This weakens their structure, causing leaks. Regular inspection and maintenance detect early corrosion signs, preventing costly damage.
- Temperature Changes – Naperville's temperature fluctuations cause significant stress on your pipes, causing leaks or burst pipes. Minimize the risk with insulation and temperature-regulating devices.
- Tree Root Intrusion – Tree roots can infiltrate your plumbing system, causing blockages and cracks in your pipes. When these cracks develop, they can cause leaks and even cause your water to become discolored.
- Clogged Drains – A clogged drain may cause water to back up and pressure your pipes, eventually leading to leaks. Regular drain cleaning can help prevent this issue altogether.
- Poor Installation or Materials – Improper installation or low-quality materials can lead to leaks in your plumbing system. Choosing a reputable company like Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Dupage ensures proper installation and reduces the risk of leaks, making it a wiser option than DIY repairs.
If you have a major leak or burst pipe in your home, shut off your main water valve and give the plumbers at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Dupage County a call for help!
Signs of Hidden Plumbing Leaks
While a dripping ceiling or puddle of water is a telltale sign of a leaking pipe, not all leaks are as obvious. Here are a few signs that your home may have hidden plumbing leaks:
- Unexplained Increase in Water Bill – If your water bill suddenly spikes without a noticeable change in usage, it could indicate a hidden leak in your plumbing system.
- Discolored or Damaged Walls, Ceilings, and Floors – Water stains, peeling paint, bubbling wallpaper, or warped flooring are all signs of potential water damage from a leaking pipe.
- Mold or Mildew Growth – Excess moisture from a leak can create the ideal environment for mold and mildew to thrive. If you notice mold growth or a persistent musty smell, it's essential to address the issue immediately.
- Reduced Water Pressure – A sudden drop in water pressure, particularly when using multiple fixtures simultaneously, could indicate a leak in your pipes.
- Running Water Sounds – If you hear running water when no faucets or appliances are in use, it may be a sign of a hidden leak.
Don't wait until the leak is visible before you call in professionals – if ignored, the damage could be so severe that it requires extensive repairs or even replacement. Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Dupage is available 24/7 for all leaking pipe repair needs!
Call Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Dupage Today for Reliable Leaking Pipe Repair Services
Leaky pipes can cause serious damage to your home, but the experts at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Dupage have the expertise and experience to take care of any plumbing issue you may have. Our plumbers arrive on time, diagnose accurately, and offer fast and reliable repairs.
Need leaking pipe repair in Naperville? Request an estimate online!