The Causes of Sewer Line Damage
Are you wondering what’s causing damage to your home’s sewer lines? Because your home’s plumbing system runs 24 hours a day, sewer line damage is a common problem for homeowners. Many things can damage your sewer lines and leave you with sinks, toilets, and other drains that are no longer usable. Our plumbing technicians offer fast and effective residential sewer line repair and replacement services to get your system back up and running in no time. Any pipe might break from extreme internal pressure due to running water or external pressure from the earth. The most common causes of sewer line damage include:
- Poor sewer pipe installation, layout, or design
- Tree roots infiltrating holes or joints in piping
- Poor maintenance of the plumbing system
- Build-up from soap residue, grease, toilet paper, hair, and other debris
- Wear and tear due to aging
- Backup caused by the city’s sewer line
- Ground freezing and thawing
- Earth movement, heavy construction in the area, or earthquakes
Signs of a Broken Sewer Pipe
If you think your residential property might have a broken sewer line, you must call an experienced, licensed plumber as soon as possible to remedy the issue before it gets worse and causes more damage. Some of the most common signs of a broken sewer pipe include the following:
- Noticeable sewage backup in toilets or bathtubs
- A lack of water in toilets
- Bathtubs that drain too slowly or not at all
- Flooded lawn
- Grass that is significantly greener near the sewage line
- Bad odors in the basement or yard areas
How We Fix Broken Sewer Lines
Our experts will thoroughly investigate your sewer line before making any repairs or replacements. We do everything we can to save your existing sewer line by making repairs, but some sewer lines, unfortunately, must be replaced. Some of the residential sewer line services we offer for homeowners throughout Everett, WA include:
- Pipe Relining – This process allows us to give you brand-new sewer pipes from the inside out. We can also reline your existing pipes using a sleeve that’s designed to prevent cracks. Our plumbers will start by cleaning out your sewer pipe before applying the lining, which hardens in just a few hours.
- Preventative Maintenance – To keep your home’s sewer line in the best shape possible and prevent it from becoming damaged, we offer preventive pipe maintenance services. Our plumbers will thoroughly inspect and clean your drains to prevent build-up from significant debris and avoid cracks, clogs, and bursts.
- Burst Pipe Hydraulic Replacement – If too much damage has occurred to the sewer pipe, we can pull a new one through the old one. This trenchless technique uses hydraulics to break apart the damaged pipe and replace it with a new one.
Sewer Line Replacement Explained
When your sewer line is beyond repair and needs to be replaced, you can count on the licensed plumbers at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Everett for upfront, honest, and effective residential sewer line replacement. We’ll go through all your options, provide you with a quote, and answer any questions you have about our replacement process. Our trenchless sewer line repair and replacement methods will keep your lawn looking beautiful.
Contact Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Everett Today
Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Everett offers a wide range of exceptional plumbing services for Washington homeowners who need their sewer lines repaired or replaced. Whether you have sewage leaking on your property or tree roots have infiltrated your sewer lines, we can help. We’re available to fix your broken, cracked, or collapsed sewer lines 24 hours a day, seven days a week, in Everett and the surrounding areas, including Maryville, WA. Contact our friendly team today to schedule sewer line repair or replacement services or request an estimate!