Drain Cleaning Services in Jersey Village
If you’re experiencing drain issues in the Jersey Village area, Mr. Rooter can help. As a homeowner, you rely on your home’s drain system every day, often without having to give it a second thought. When you start to notice potential clogging issues, it is important to address the problem early. Drain blockage can have serious consequences to the health of your system when allowed to worsen. That water needs somewhere to go, which can result in pipes leaking or even bursting. To avoid any major plumbing concerns, drain cleaning services can ensure your pipes are open and working properly to bring water to and from your home.
Early Signs of Drain Issues
Blocked drains can become a concern when not addressed. Fortunately, there are a number of signs to look for to determine whether or not you’d benefit from drain cleaning services. These signs include:
- Unpleasant smells. Food waste contributes to several plumbing concerns. If you notice an unpleasant smell coming from your sink, this can be a sign of food waste caught in your pipes. Food that can’t move will start to decompose. If you notice the smell coming from your bathroom, this could be a sewer line issue.
- Water backup. If there is water in your sink or shower at the end of use, regardless of how long water was running, this is a clear sign of a blockage somewhere in your system. This can be dangerous to your health as there can be nasty debris and bacteria.
- Gurgling. If you don’t see any issues, you might be able to hear them. Strange gurgling can be a sign that the water is unable to properly flow through your drainage system.
Causes of Drain Issues
You can be proactive with drain care by avoiding common causes of drain issues. These issues include:
- Garbage disposal misuse. This is a great appliance for any kitchen. It helps to easily remove food waste, but it is not made for all waste. Starches, for example, can cling to your system and other products going down the drain, creating a ball of waste that won’t clear your system. Other foods to avoid include starchy vegetables, eggshells, coffee grounds, pasta, and oils. It is important to know the items that shouldn’t go down your disposal.
- Non-flushable items. Your toilet system is sensitive. It is only designed to handle waste and a specific type of paper. Drain issues can be caused by baby wipes, feminine sproducts, and other non-flushable items finding their way down the toilet drain.
- Soap residue and hair. Your shower drain is especially susceptible to clogs. When you shower, you naturally shed hair. Without a drain guard, this residue can clump together, causing a serious clog in your system.
Mr. Rooter Can Help
You depend on your drain system every day. When you experience issues, it can interrupt your regular routine. These issues may start small but often get worse in time. To protect your pipes, it is important to invest in drain cleaning services when necessary. Don’t hesitate to contact us if you are experiencing any problems.