Frozen Water Pipe Repair in Houston
When winter comes we usually enjoy many traditions with our friends, family and loved ones. Frozen pipes are not one of the traditions we want to include in those festivities. In winter, frozen pipes can easily become an issue if precautions aren’t taken to prevent them. You can easily reduce the risk of frozen pipes by preparing for the cold weather before it strikes.
When pipes burst because they freeze it can become a very expensive winter and cause tons of damage to your home. If only one of your pipes burst, with 6 gallons running per minute you are looking at thousands of dollars of damage. You don’t have to wait until the weather is below zero, several degrees below the freezing level can cause ice to form on your pipes, which can result in pressure build up, which can lead to a pipe splitting. Of course, if the water is frozen, as soon as it thaws the damage piles up with eventual water damage.
You don’t have to wait until the emergency happens. Call Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Houston today. Our highly trained & experienced plumbers can help ensure your plumbing is safe and usable year around.
How Can I Prevent Pipes From Freezing?
- Allow your cold water to trickle from your faucet. This allows water to moe through your pipes and reduce the risk of freezing.
- Allow warm air to circulate around pipes if possible. Open cabinets under the sink to help allow warm air to circulate.
- If you have a basement, make sure windows & doors are sealed properly and ensure proper weather stripping.
- Make sure your pipes are insulated – external & exposed pipes.
- Completely drain your sprinkler system and hoses before the winter season starts. Also, disconnect hoses and water spigots.
- Make sure your attic is sealed and insulated.
- Consider installing storm windows and protective plastic coverings for colder areas
- For colder areas consider installing protective coverings and storm windows.
Would you like more information on how to prevent frozen pipes in the future?
Contact our team of skilled plumbers at (713) 581-9048!