Why Are My Drains Important?
The drains in your home carry flushed water away from your home. The wastewater typically contains dust, dirt, hair, food, and soap. Some of these particles can start to clog the drain, affecting its flow. When your drains are clogged, our service professionals can quickly locate the problem and offer a solution. We understand that even tiny clogs can cause Odors and back up your drains.
Do I Have a Clogged Drain?
We know a clogged drain can creep up on you. It’s important to contact our team as soon as you notice any signs of a clogged drain, so we can help you before it becomes a significant issue. The most common signs you may have a clogged drain include the following:
- Sewage odors coming from drains
- Backed-up toilets or drains
- Gurgling sounds coming from your toilets
- Strange soggy areas around your property
- Puddles of water near drains
We Service All Drains
The drains in your home all perform the same function but are unique in their way. Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Kansas City has extensive training in servicing all types of drains. We understand the clogging culprits of most drains. Your bathroom drains often get clogged with hair, soap, and toothpaste. We suggest installing drain covers to help collect hair and debris. You can also run hot water when you brush your teeth. The drains in your kitchen get clogged with oil and grease. It’s important to avoid putting oils and grease down your sink because they will harden inside the pipes. A garbage disposal cannot handle large pieces of meat or bones. Many homeowners have floor drains in their garages, basement, and laundry rooms. These drains are filled with dust and dirt. It’s essential to regularly clean them to keep debris from clogging the floor drains.
Drain Unclogging Tips
You can attempt to unclog minor issues on your own. We offer simple unclogging tips, including the following:
- Prepare a pot of hot water as your sink begins to drain. Boiled water will help clear hardened oils and fats. Pour boiling water into your drain.
- Attempt to use a drain snake and plunger to unclog the clog. Plunge the sink and then use the drain snake to pull out the debris. Properly dispose of the debris.
- Contact our service professionals if these steps do not work. We understand a drain snake cannot unclog debris that is too deep.
Contact Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Kansas City
Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Kansas City provides drain cleaning services to Kansas City and Grandview, MO. It’s important to note our professional drain-clearing tactics are often more effective than trying to clear clogs yourself. We will clear your clogs quickly and efficiently. The best way to keep your pipes flowing without clogs is to sign up for our preventive plumbing maintenance services. We will regularly inspect and clean your pipes. Our service professionals offer upfront and honest pricing. We provide an estimate on drain cleaning services. Contact our service professionals today to schedule services.