There are several genius inventions made for the kitchen, and the garbage disposal is one of them. Designed to make your life easier, this invaluable and seemingly magical device grinds up food waste to keep your kitchen cleaner. With a garburator, you won’t be dealing with a trash can full of rotting food; you’ll simply let the device do its magic and watch it disappear before your eyes. Considering a garbage disposal installation? Whether it will be a first-time installation or a replacement for your old unit, locals can count on their Memphis plumber for fast and easy service.
Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Memphis has an experienced team of plumbers and technicians that are experts in their field. They can help you with your Memphis garbage disposal installation and then take care of your drain cleaning and any plumbing repair required as well. That’s the benefit of choosing a plumber with a wide range of service options, but the benefits of choosing our qualified crew don’t stop there. For information on our plumbing services, qualifications, and what we bring to the table, give our knowledgeable customer service team a call or read on to discover more.
Our Garbage Disposal Installation Services
Add a garbage disposal device to your kitchen, and you’ll begin to see the payoff immediately. The ease of tossing food scraps down the drain is irreplaceable, and because this particular type of service is quick, you’ll benefit from it in no time.
During your garbage disposal installation project, we’ll remove the current garbage disposal if you have one before installing the drain fitting and mounting pipe. We’ll need to connect the unit to power and mount the disposal line before connecting the drain lines. Whether this is your first or third install, garbage disposal replacements are made easier with our dependable service. You can count on Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Memphis for efficient service to get your kitchen running smoothly again. Already have an existing unit?
Be on the lookout for these common signs you need garbage disposal installation or replacement:
- Foul odors coming from your disposal: Food can become trapped in your unit, forming clogs that begin to rot. Depending on how long you let the food rot will determine whether we’ll need to flush your drain lines or replace the unit’s drain hose. Food that rots can grow mold and spread down the line, and a full replacement will be necessary to prevent it from entering other locations in your kitchen.
- Slow-draining water: If your sink isn’t draining as quickly as it used to, you likely have a clog on your hands. This symptom may not require a total replacement of your garbage disposal; however, it could be a warning sign of a larger issue that needs repair.
- Leaks: Leaks in your garbage disposal’s drain line are problematic. A leaky garbage disposal will cause water damage to the area under your sink if not taken care of quickly. This damage can lead to mold growth which no homeowner wants to have to deal with. Leaks occur either because there is a hairline crack or a small hole in the drain pipe, but they may also be the result of a loose valve.
- Clogs that keep coming back: You used the baking soda and vinegar trick to clear your clogged drain once, but the issue keeps reemerging. While DIY solutions can work temporarily, sometimes they can worsen the situation. Serious clogs can be a sign of buildup in your drain line, but they may also mean that your garbage disposal isn’t grinding properly anymore. Since materials such as eggshell membranes and stringy produce can actually wrap around the grinder and wear down the motor, you may need an entire replacement of your unit.
- Unusual sounds: You’ve run your garburator for years, and you know what its normal sounds are like. When you start hearing different things, it’s probably time for a replacement. You'll hear a garbage disposal hum or buzz when there is no power, and it may grind or rattle if there is an issue with the motor or if there is a jam. Neglecting these issues and pressing on with your disposal may mean you further injure it and will need an entire replacement.
Think you’ve experienced any of these issues? Garbage disposal installation of a replacement unit may be required. But don’t try to take on this tricky task yourself. There are certain safety precautions that need to be followed, as well as a proper way to configure the plumbing connections. Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Memphis is highly experienced in and trained in how to handle these garbage disposal services, and we arrive with all the right tools to get the job done quickly.
Why Mr. Rooter Pumbing is the Top Choice For Your Memphis Garbage Disposal Installation
Garbage disposal installation requires the use of a professional plumber if you’d like it done correctly. The advantage of hiring a pro for the job is that we can detect whether a replacement is needed or if all that’s required to get your unit back up and running is a quick repair or cleaning. There are numerous issues that a garburator can run into, and most of them come from improper use or installation.
When choosing Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Memphis, you can rest assured that your unit will be installed correctly. Our expert team of technicians will make the experience quick and painless, and if it’s your first time installing a unit, we’ll make sure you know how to use it correctly to avoid unnecessary problems in the future. With our extensive experience, we can help with your garbage disposal repairs, clogged drains, water line replacements and installations, drain cleaning, and any plumbing repair. With 24/7 emergency service, upfront pricing, and professional plumbers, no matter what you call us for, you’ll receive 5-star service.
FAQs About Garbage Disposal Installation
What Is A Garbage Disposal?
A garbage disposal is a device installed in your kitchen sink. It is installed between the drain and the tap and features a grinder that shreds food waste into a pulp so that it can more easily pass down your drain line whether you run hot or cold water. The grinder is made up of a sharp disc or impeller plate that spins to blast food into pieces before it’s washed down your drain.
What Are the Benefits Of Garbage Disposal Installation?
If you’re considering a garbage disposal installation for the first time, you might be weighing out the pros and cons of getting one. Consider these benefits while making your decision:
- Cleaning up after meals is much easier
- Can be installed in almost any sink
- Helps reduce the chance of clogs and bad sink odors
- Reduces risk of mold growth
When choosing Mr. Rooter Plumbing for the job, you’ll also benefit from our drain inspection and cleaning service. This ensures your pipes are in good shape. We aim to help you get the most from your plumbing fixtures and devices, which is why we’ll always go the extra mile to ensure they’re functioning correctly.
What Should Not Go Down the Garbage Disposal?
Even though garbage disposals make your life easier and grind up almost anything you put down, there are limits as to what you should toss down if you’d like your unit to work without flaw.
- Coffee grinds
- Tea leaves
- Fats, oils, and grease
- Fruit pits
- Stringy produce
- Eggs shells
- Animal bones
You might be questioning why some of these items cannot go down your garbage disposal, but when you factor in the chance of clogs, you’ll realize that most of these items can be problematic.
Should I Install My Own Garbage Disposal?
It’s great to compost your food, but depending on where you live and how often you remember to do it, having a garbage disposal may make a lot more sense for your household. We highly recommend taking advantage of this professional service, but residents may be wondering if it’s something they can do themselves. While DIY installations might seem like the right move for some homeowners, it’s very easy that they will run into issues in the process. Hooking up all the appropriate fittings requires the skill of a service professional; plus, if this isn’t your first disposal, you can benefit from having your existing one inspected. Sometimes all that’s needed is a quick repair or drain cleaning instead of a full replacement. This can save you money and hassle as often; a garbage disposal repair cost is less than a full replacement.
Grind Food Waste the Right Way: Call Us For Garbage Disposal Installation Service
Anything that will make their lives easier in the kitchen is welcome by homeowners in Memphis. Garbage disposal installation is, then, a no-brainer for those that want to make quick work of food scraps and protect their drain lines at the same time. This valuable device is installed quickly, and with the convenient service at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Memphis, you’ll be using your new garburator right away.
Ready to see how it can elevate your cleaning routines? Call us today to book your garbage disposal installation or replacement or to ask us more about our services for homes, such as leaking pipes or water line repairs. Are you a business owner? Ask us about our corporate business plumbing services. If gas, water, or sewage runs through it, we do it!