Common Problems That Call for Memphis Water Heater Repair
There are quite a few different factors that can lead to the need for Memphis water heater repair, and they aren’t all obvious to homeowners. Often, you’ll need help from plumbing professionals with the knowledge and expertise required to properly identify the issue. Once the issue has been identified, your plumbing experts can go ahead and repair it correctly, no matter what type of water heater you have. Still, it’s valuable information for locals to know what causes the need for Memphis water heater repair so that they can keep an eye out for any alarming plumbing issues.
Here are a few of the most common signs your hot water heater is on the fritz and your team of Memphis plumbers can tackle:
- Your water isn’t heating up. Whether your water won’t heat up enough or at all, this common sign is one that tells you something is off with your heater. There’s nothing worse than stepping unsuspectingly into a cold shower, but it happens more often than Memphis homeowners would like. If this happens to you, you might need a new thermostat for your electric water heater, but it might also be a sign of a larger issue. Your local plumber will know what to do.
- Water is leaking from your heater. You see a steady drip or an accumulating pool of water around the base of your water heater. Where is it coming from? It’s possible that you have a loose valve, but you may need new valves altogether. If the water is coming from the tank itself, that likely means you’ll need a new one, and your experienced plumber will be able to point you in the right direction when picking a new system and can take care of the installation for you.
- Rusty water. There’s a chance that if your water heater is corroded or rusted inside, you’ll need a new tank. This is because rust is entering your water stream and thus making its way out into your sinks and showers. We can assist with repairing or installing a new water heater or even help you pick out the right water softener to lessen the effects of corrosion from the somewhat hard water in Memphis.
- The pilot light or heating element is broken. Just like your gas stove, when the pilot light goes out on your gas water heater, it cannot actually heat the water. This simple fix can be completed quickly by your local plumber.
- You hear weird sounds. If you hear gurgling, boiling, or anything else that’s abnormal coming from your hot water heater, you should call Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Memphis quickly.
Our Memphis Water Heater Repair Service
With years of experience repairing and replacing broken water heaters of all types and brands, our team has the know-how and skill to do the job right. We also offer new water heater installations if you’re looking to upgrade or have a construction project in the works and offer routine maintenance to ensure your existing water heater is in good shape. We can handle the following water heater and plumbing repairs and more:
- Traditional water heater
- Tankless water heater
- Water heater maintenance
There are many issues that can go wrong with your water heater, and for that reason, no matter which one you’re dealing with, it’s important to call your local Memphis plumber to get to the root of the issue. Often, a water heater replacement is needed instead of quality water heater repair service, but in many cases, all that’s required to get your water heater back up and running is an inexpensive part which we are happy to replace for you following the inspection.
The comprehensive offerings we have available are designed to meet your every need. Whether you’re looking to lower your water bill or your traditional water heater isn’t cutting it anymore, contact our team of professional plumbers for Memphis water heater repair so we can provide you with the best option. Think you need to repair your water heater? Give us a call or request your service online. We're available night and day to take your call!
Frequently Asked Questions About Memphis Water Heater Repair
Should I Repair or Replace My Water Heater?
The answer truly depends on how old your water heater is. Most systems have a life expectancy of around 8 to 13 years. If you’re unsure of your system’s age, check the serial numbers on the label affixed to your unit. Different manufacturers have different serial numbers, so it’s important to check your user’s manual or find it online.
Do you think you need a water heater replacement, Memphis? As long as you know the manufacturer of your water heater, you can quickly look up the age of your unit or find out how to decode your specific serial number to determine the age.
Suppose age isn’t an issue, and you continue to have problems with your water heater (after several repairs have already been done). In that case, it may be time to completely replace it instead of continuing to spend more money to repair issues.
When you’re deciding to repair or replace your unit, consider the following:
- Does the manufacturer’s warranty cover your repair or replacement?
- Does your home appliance warranty cover your repair or replacement?
- Will the cost of repairing the unit be comparable to buying a brand-new unit?
How Much Does Memphis Water Heater Repair Cost?
The average out-of-pocket cost to repair your system depends on several factors. For instance, the cost of repairing your water heater will depend on the cause of the problems and the needed repairs, and the type of water heater. Tank water heaters differ from tankless units, so determining the cost can be tricky.
At Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Memphis, we review all project costs with you before proceeding with any repair work. We'll review all options with you - with us; you're in control.
Is Your Water Heater Warrantied?
First things first, you need to find out if you have a warranty on your system or if it covers repairing or replacing your unit. Knowing whether you have a warranty will help you roughly determine what the out-of-pocket expenses will be. A newer water heater might still be covered by the manufacturer, which can save you a lot of money.
However, most warranties usually only last five to six years, so if your water heater breaks outside that window, you may be covering the cost yourself. Although warranties may seem unimportant on the front end (when you first purchase your water heater), they could come in handy later.
A home warranty could be another option if a manufacturer's warranty isn’t available. This type of insurance will help cover the cost of repairing or replacing a typically expensive appliance. Therefore, all you have to cover is the flat fee to have a particular service provider come out to take care of the issue. Unfortunately, warranties don’t always cover all the expenses of replacing or repairing a water heater, or they’ve already expired.
What is the Difference Between Traditional VS Tankless Water Heaters?
Believe it or not, tankless water heaters aren’t a new concept, and many people have been using them since the early 1900s. However, the technology has dramatically evolved since, and tankless water heaters are a space-saving and water-saving option for many homes.
Tankless water heater models use electricity to heat the water immediately upon using it, and there is a hot water storage tank. Traditional water heaters are strategically placed in garages or basements to preserve space in the home. The large tank is used to store the water and keep it at a temperature set on the thermostat. Should you need a tankless water heater repair or maintenance, we’ll handle the job for you.
A Dedicated Team for Memphis Water Heater Repair
Our team at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Memphis has the skills and years of experience to tackle virtually any water heater issue you can think of. We are here to support you in keeping your home comfortable. With our comprehensive and affordable Memphis water heater repair services, you get a superior-quality experience every time. At Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Memphis, we:
- Are backed by a great reputation
- Offer 24/7 emergency plumbing services with no overtime fees
- Review all pricing with you before proceeding with our work
- Warranty our services as per our Neighborly Done Right Promise®
Whether you need a part to repair an issue or require a complete water heater replacement, our team can provide the quick and reliable plumbing service you deserve in the Memphis area. But don’t just take our word for it. Check out what customers are saying about our team and our expert services, including water line replacement and repair, drain cleaning, and clogged drain repair. Call our customer service team or contact us online for professional Memphis water heater repair today!