From fussy flushing to constant clogs, old toilets start to show their age around the 20-year mark, and no matter how many times you repair them, their problems won’t go away. There’s only one solution, and that’s a brand-new toilet installation. Memphis homeowners don’t often think about replacing their toilets: after all, they’re one of the longest-lasting plumbing fixtures found in homes. With that said, if you’re not sure how old your toilet is and you find repairs just aren’t cutting it, it’s likely time you get a new one, and your Memphis plumber is the perfect pick for the job.
Our experienced team at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Memphis can install toilets in their sleep, and what’s more, they’re a friendly, courteous bunch that respects your home and your bathroom. You won’t have to worry about muddy boot prints on your white plush bathroom mat or bits and bobs left behind when they’re done. With an average of ten years of experience among our highly skilled team of expert plumbers, we can get in and out of your washroom so you can get on with business. Think it’s high time you upgraded your porcelain throne? Call our friendly office team today to arrange your new toilet installation in Memphis!
What Does a Memphis Toilet Installation Service Include?
Toilets are fairly uncomplicated creatures. They’re all typically made from the same material: stable porcelain, though you may find some made from vitreous china or even glazed cast iron. With a wide range of brands to choose from, it can be overwhelming for homeowners to know which to pick—especially when they all look similar! Memphis homeowners may be wondering if there are any specifics they should look out for when choosing a toilet, and to that, we say yes! There are two: toilet type and flush mechanism. Unless you’d like to get really fancy with features, such as finding one with a built-in bidet, you’ll only have to consider these specs:
Types of Toilets We Handle
You might choose a particular type of toilet because of how it looks, but it might simply make more sense for your bathroom. If you’re short on space or have an awkwardly shaped bathroom, you might be influenced to choose one over the other. Read on to discover the most popular toilets chosen by customers for their simple or logical designs.
- One-piece: While less common, some households prefer one-piece toilets. They feature a tank and bowl joined together. These types are durable and minimize leaks in the bathroom.
- Two-piece: This type of toilet has a separate bowl and tank. You’ll get to choose the top and bottom, and typically, these toilets are slightly smaller than one-piece units are. These are the most commonly used toilets in homes.
- Wall-hung: Wall-mounted units help you save space. If you have a tight-fitting bathroom, you’ll appreciate the extra few inches these toilets provide. The tank is installed inside your bathroom wall. They are most used in public bathrooms but can be used inside homes as well. Be prepared to shell out a few extra dollars for wall-hung units.
Whether you’d like to save water or want a quieter flushing toilet, you can choose a flushing mechanism that meets your needs. The most common types include:
- Pressure-Assisted Flush: With a pressure vessel inside the tank, water will merge with compressed air to create a powerful flush. These mechanisms are reliable but can be quite loud.
- Dual Flush: Did you know that old toilets used to use 5 gallons of water when flushing? Dual flush mechanisms let you choose between a big and small flush depending on what you’re flushing down. This can help you save water and money on your utility bills in the long run.
- Gravity: Toilets with a gravity flushing mechanism use a fill valve that releases water from a tank, creating a siphoning effect. This type of mechanism is quieter than others and needs fewer parts to work.
When hiring Mr. Rooter Plumbing for your toilet installation in Memphis, you can expect us to walk you through your options and help you find the right type of toilet and flushing mechanism for your needs.
Why Pick Mr. Rooter Plumbing for Toilet Installation, Memphis?
We’ll just come out and say it: Mr. Rooter Plumbing is your top choice for toilet installation, Memphis! With a wide variety of plumbing services, no matter which you hire us for, you can expect the same type of dedicated service. Delivering high-quality workmanship and top-tier products, you can count on us whether you need a new plumbing installation or call us for drain cleaning, plumbing replacements and installations, or for any plumbing emergency you're facing.
Aiming for complete customer satisfaction in all that we do, we offer upfront, flat-rate pricing and convenient appointment times and have a highly trained team of professional toilet installation experts that will always respect your home and time. Fully insured and Memphis locals themselves, from the minute you call our valued customer service team, you’ll notice the difference choosing Mr. Rooter Plumbing makes.
FAQs About Toilet Installation in Memphis
Should I Repair or Replace My Toilet?
Toilets last up to 25 years, and if yours is approaching that mark, it’s a better idea to replace it. Hiring a professional plumber for repairs frequently will cost you more money than a toilet installation. Memphis locals who are experiencing numerous issues with their old toilets are usually recommended to replace their units. However, if you have a newer toilet, a few toilet repairs or services for clogged toilets may be all that’s needed to get it working efficiently again.
What Are the Warning Signs that I Need a Toilet Replacement?
There’s a good chance you have no idea how old your toilet is. You may have moved into a house recently or just can’t remember when you installed it. But even if you aren’t aware of the fact your toilet may be approaching its final years, you should look out for the following range of issues:
- Cracks in your toilet bowl
- Leaky toilet
- Recurring severe clogs
- Requires frequent plumbing repair services