Signs You May Have a Clogged Drain
Clogged drains are sometimes easy to notice, but that’s not always the case. You’ll probably notice if your water stops flowing or your sink gets backed up, but there are other signs that you need clogged drain cleaning services from Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Middletown. If you’ve been searching for drain cleaning near me or drain cleaners near me, you’ve come to the right place. Our drain experts perform thorough inspections and determine the cause of the problem and how to best solve it. Some common signs of clogged drains include:
- Foul odors from drains
- Toilets backing up
- Soggy areas of your lawn
- Toilets that make bubbling noises
- Puddled water near showers, sinks, bathtubs, or laundry facilities
- Sinks that gurgle or drain slowly
We Repair Multiple Types of Drains
All drains essentially perform the same function, but each type of drain is somewhat unique. We offer clogged drain cleaning services for all types of residential drains, including:
- Bathroom Drains – There are many culprits that cause bathroom drains to clog, including soap, toothpaste, and hair. You can install drain covers in the bathtub and your bathroom sinks. Run hot water when you brush your teeth to help prevent the toothpaste from hardening in your pipes.
- Kitchen Drains – Your kitchen sink drain can easily become clogged from all the grease, oil, and food particles that pass through it. Avoid putting grease or fat down the drain, so they don’t harden inside your pipes. Do not put meat, bones, or fibrous vegetables down the drain into the garbage disposal.
- Floor Drains – You’ll find floor drains in basements, garages, and laundry rooms. These drains often get clogged by dust, dirt, leaves, and other debris. Clogged drains can cause damage to your home’s floors, so don’t forget to have them cleaned.
How You Can Try to Fix a Clogged Drain
You’ll want to leave the significant drain clogs like sewer drains to our professionals, but there are some things you might be able to do on your own for other drains. Start by determining if your sink is draining or not. Follow these steps:
- If water is still partially draining, allow it to drain while preparing a pot or kettle of hot water. Boiled water clears clogged drains caused by hardened oils or fats. After most or all of the water has drained, pour hot water into your drain with care. Be sure you schedule routine drain inspections and cleanings.
- Use a plumbing snake and plunger. Sink plungers are easy to use and help you move a clog near the top of the drain. The drain snake can then be used to pull the obstruction out of your pipe. Make sure you throw the material away instead of flushing it back down the pipe.
- If these steps don’t work, it’s time to call the professionals at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Middletown. DIY solutions will not work for deep clogs from tree roots or other causes. We have the experience, expertise, and equipment necessary to unclog any drain.
Take Advantage of Our Special Offer
Schedule Drain Cleaning Services Today
Keep your drains in optimal condition with our professional plumbing services. We offer preventative maintenance programs to save you money, time, and hassle. Our team is also available 24/7 for emergency plumbing services. Contact us today to schedule an appointment or request a job estimate