Drain Cleaning Services in Minneapolis
Trust Us for Rooter Service Near You
Your home plumbing system is complex and made up of a wide range of systems that work together to keep your home’s pipes flowing smoothly. One of the most integral parts of your system is the drains. Your home has many different drains, and they all have one primary responsibility: flushing wastewater out of and away from your home. Many times, this wastewater has other particles mixed in with it, including food, dust, dirt, hair, soap, and more. Together, they can slow the water running through your drains – and eventually, they can clog them altogether. That’s when it’s time to call the professionals at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of The Twin Cities.
We are a plumbing and drain cleaning company serving Minneapolis, and we are prepared to get your home’s drains cleaned out and flowing again in no time. Even small clogs can do harm. They can cause odors in your home and lead to the backing up of sinks. Because all your drains eventually empty to the same place, one small problem can lead to issues with other drains. Our Minneapolis drain cleaning team is ready to tackle the most stubborn clogs.
Detecting a Clogged Drain
You may think that a clogged drain is easy to spot because water will stop flowing through and eventually back up in your sink. Though this is one indication that a drain cleaning is needed, there are other signs you should look out for as well.
These signs include:
- Puddles of water on the floor around showers, bathtubs, sinks, and laundry appliances
- Bubbling sounds coming from your toilet
- Foul odors coming from drains
- Slow-draining sinks that gurgle
- Backed-up toilets
- Soggy areas of your lawn
If you’ve noticed one or more of the above signs, don’t hesitate to contact our Minneapolis drain cleaning experts so that we can assess the problem and provide a reliable solution.
The Different Drains in Your Home
Each of the drains in your home has the same function; however, each can clog for different reasons:
- Kitchen drains – The main culprits of clogged kitchen drains are bits of food, oil, and grease. They often get washed down the drain when cleaning up from a meal. Oil and grease, in particular, are bad because they can harden in your pipes. Garbage disposals can help, but it’s still crucial that you avoid washing certain foods down the drain, including meat, fibrous vegetables, and, of course, bones.
- Bathroom drains – The most common cause of clogged bathroom drains is a combination of hair, soap, and toothpaste. We highly recommend installing simple drain covers to catch loose hairs that wash out in the shower, and when you brush your teeth, we recommend you run the water so that the toothpaste doesn’t have the opportunity to harden in the pipes.
- Floor drains – These drains are most susceptible to clogs from larger particles, like dirt, dust, and leaves. They are most commonly found in garages, basements, and laundry rooms, and when clogged, they can damage your floors. Though these are often out of sight, they should never be out of mind and should be cleaned regularly.
DIY Vs. Calling a Professional
If you have a backed-up drain, whether it’s in your bathroom, kitchen, or basement, it may be tempting to find a DIY solution at the hardware store. Mr. Rooter Plumbing of The Twin Cities recommends that you always call on a professional, even for minor clogs. Our experienced Minneapolis plumbers have the best tools and techniques to safely and thoroughly solve the problem. Tools and chemicals from hardware stores could potentially do more damage to your drains and further exacerbate the problem. That will only lead to more extensive and expensive repairs in the future.
Always Here for You
For minor back-ups or stubborn clogs, give Mr. Rooter Plumbing of The Twin Cities a call to get your pipes flowing again. Our Minneapolis drain cleaning plumbers have extensive experience, use advanced tools, and offer tips and advice on avoiding future clogs. For emergencies that can’t wait for regular business hours, we offer 24/7 availability and will be there as quickly as possible to assist you.
We never charge overtime, so give us a call at (612) 217-0986 any time of day for reliable drain cleaning services in Minneapolis.