Why Is Frozen Pipe Repair Important?
Mr. Rooter Plumbing of the Twin Cities strongly recommends getting professional solutions for your frozen pipes as quickly as possible. If a frozen pipe bursts in your home, it can become an incredible disaster that’s expensive to resolve. For instance, a pipe bursting in-home releases four to eight gallons of water every minute, causing tens of thousands of dollars in residential damage. A burst can happen when the water inside gets several degrees colder than the freezing temperature and causes ice to form. This freezing occurrence leads to pressure building up over 3000psi, potentially splitting your pipe and causing water damage after the water in your pipe thaws. Neglecting to prepare your pipes for winter temperatures or failing to schedule repairs when this problem happens can ruin your holidays and home.
How Do I Prevent Frozen Pipes?
You can do many things to prevent frozen pipes in your home, and Mr. Rooter Plumbing of the Twin Cities can recommend several effective methods. It won’t take long to carry out these measures, and your home’s plumbing will be safer. Protecting your pipes can save you from catastrophic property damage and the enormous costs accompanying repairs or replacements. The following recommended tips to prevent frozen pipes are simple and have proven successful:
- Open a faucet to let a small amount of cold water run. This step keeps water moving in your pipes and prevents them from freezing.
- Ensure warm air circulates around your pipes. For instance, you can open the door to your under-sink cabinet to let warm air into the space.
- Keep air moving around your pipes by placing a small fan near them.
- Properly seal and weather strip your windows, basement doors, and crawlspaces.
- Use pipe insulation materials to insulate your exposed or external pipes.
- Before winter starts, drain all water out of your sprinkler system. Disconnect hoses and drain your outdoor water spigots.
- For situations where pipes are routed through crawlspaces or in exterior walls, we recommend contacting Mr. Rooter Plumbing of the Twin Cities for an assessment to determine if heat tape should be installed to prevent pipes from freezing.
Contact Us for Service in Minneapolis & St. Paul
Don't let your home's pipes freeze and burst. Before the colder weather moves in, you can take steps to protect your home’s plumbing and prevent substantial damage. If you are unsure if your plumbing might be subject to freezing, contact Mr. Rooter Plumbing of the Twin Cities for an assessment of your plumbing.
If you discover a frozen pipe in your home, don’t hesitate to contact Mr. Rooter Plumbing of the Twin Cities as quickly as possible. We respond promptly and perform quick, conclusive frozen pipe repairs. Our plumbing technicians have the training, expertise, and equipment necessary to help you avoid a winter disaster. Contact us today to request an estimate on residential frozen pipe repair service and schedule a visit to your home.