Tree Root Intrusions in Your Sewer Line
If your pipes have leaks or condensation, these issues can attract tree roots looking for nourishment. Mr. Rooter Plumbing of the Twin Cities has expert plumbing technicians with experience dealing with tree roots. We’ve seen roots traveling far through the ground and easily slipping into sewage systems through tiny pipe section separations, cracks, and small holes. After the roots discover water, the tree starts increasing root growth in that area. As more roots infiltrate the pipes and make holes bigger, they clog your system before bursting your pipe. You might notice signs like sewage backups in your toilet or bathtub, tubs not draining properly, gurgling sounds coming from your toilet, or no water in your toilet bowl. If these signs occur, we offer various solutions, such as the following:
- Pipelining – We permanently resolve sewer line damage by lining and sealing your sewer pipe with a sleeve. This sleeve eliminates water leakage, and we may only line the troublesome pipe section. Using this method avoids trenching and demolishing walls and other structures.
- Hydro jetting – If you need a long-term solution, our technician can use pressurized water jets to clean your pipe. We thoroughly scour your sewer line to eliminate tree roots, debris, and grease buildup.
- Rooter work and drain cleaning – First, we punch through a tree root to clear your sewer line and restore its functionality. After that, we check your tree root problem's extent and recommend permanent solutions.
- Maintenance – Our technicians offer continuing inspection and drain cleaning plans to keep household debris like grease buildup at bay. This service also eliminates tree roots from unlined pipes before these roots cause clogs.
- Pipe bursting – This option is another permanent fix, using hydraulics to break apart your current clay, cast iron, or PVC sewer pipe while installing a new seamless pipe.
When to Call Mr. Rooter Plumbing of the Twin Cities
You might think your drain problem is an isolated incident, but Mr. Rooter Plumbing of the Twin Cities urges you to contact us to prevent a raw sewage backup or another significant problem. We generally try to open your drain using a cable device or special drain auger. We can utilize more advanced methods if we can't open your drain using these tools. Tree roots might have crushed your drain pipe or sewer pipe, and they can find their way into pipes through cracks and joints. Other cases include sewer blockages from built-up discarded food or garbage disposal waste, soap residue, thick toilet paper, sanitary products, or hair. If your problem is simply a clogged drain, we can clear it quickly and efficiently.
Trust Our Sewer Backup Prevention System
If you have a residential sewer system backup, it puts your property, plumbing system, and family’s health at risk. You can deal with a sewer system backup from rain, tree roots, oil and grease buildup, and many other causes. Regular maintenance can help you avoid these problems. Mr. Rooter Plumbing of the Twin Cities recommends regular tank pumping and avoiding planting trees in your absorption field. We also have an Advantage Plan® to save homeowners thousands of dollars with quick diagnosis and prevention for any plumbing problem. Request an estimate to get a price on the services you need, and contact us whenever you need friendly, professional plumbing solutions.