If left unchecked, leaking pipes in your home can lead to significant damage and costly repairs. At Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Northern Colorado, we provide expert plumbing services to homeowners in Boulder, CO, for all their residential pipe leak repair needs. Whether you have noticed a leak or suspect one, our local plumbing company is just a phone call away. Our prompt and efficient repair services will save you time, money, and the hassle of dealing with a plumbing emergency. Some of the services we offer include water pipe leak detection services, leaking pipe repair services, water leaking service pipes, and more. Learn more about our leaking pipes service and get in touch with us today to request a job estimate.
Indications of a Leaky Faucet
To determine whether your faucet is leaking, be on the lookout for the following common signs:
- Dripping - If your faucet drips, even occasionally, it is likely to be leaking. Be sure to check frequently used rooms and less frequently used areas of your home.
- Rust or Water Puddles - If you notice puddles of water or rust around your faucets, shower drains, or sink drains, you probably leak. You may also see puddles on the floor beneath the faucet.
- Higher Water Bills - If your water bill seems unusually high, it may be due to a water leak.
- Squeaking Faucets - If your faucet squeaks when you turn it on or off, it could be a sign of a severe plumbing issue. It is important to contact us immediately.
- Musty or Rotten Food Smell - If you detect a moldy or rotten food smell, it could be a sign of a plumbing pipe leak.
Indications of a Leaking Toilet
Leaking toilets can show the following signs:
- Faucet Noises - If you hear bubbling or groaning sounds coming from behind or beneath your toilet, it may indicate a plumbing leak.
- Water on the Floor - Mysterious water puddles on the bathroom floor could indicate a plumbing problem.
- Uneven Tile or Flooring - Uneven flooring or tile near your toilet may indicate a slow leak.
- Musty or Sewer Gas Smells - Extreme unpleasant odors like rotten or moldy smells or sewer gas odors may indicate a plumbing issue.
Indications of a Leaking Water Heater
To determine whether your water heater is leaking, watch out for the following signs:
- Uneven Flooring or Raised Tiles - If you notice uneven flooring or raised tiles around the base of your water heater, it may be a sign of a leak.
- Excess Moisture or Puddles - If you see excess moisture or small puddles near your water tank, it may be an indication of a leak.
- Lack of Hot Water - If you experience a restricted or no supply of hot water, your water heater may leak.
- Unusual Sounds - Unusual sounds, like dripping water or others, coming from the water heater may indicate a leak.
Indications of a Leaking Washing Machine
Signs that your washing machine hose may be leaking include:
- Small Pools of Water - If you see small pools of water near or behind your washing machine, it may indicate a leak.
- Musty Smell - If you notice a musty or moldy smell in your laundry room, it may indicate a washing machine hose leak.
- Bulging or Cracked Hoses - Bulging or cracked hoses may indicate a washing machine hose leak.
- Loose or Rusted Hose Connections - Loose or rusted hose connections may indicate a washing machine hose leak.
Signs of Plumbing Leaks Beyond Major Appliances
At Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Northern Colorado, our expert service professionals can assist with your plumbing concerns, including leak repairs and cost estimates for homes in Boulder, Longmont, Loveland, Fort Collins, Greely, Broomfield, Thornton, and Louisville, CO. We offer pipe leak detection services and more. Apart from major appliances, several areas in your home may experience leaks, such as:
- Natural Gas Line Leaks – Natural gas is commonly used to heat water in your boiler and can pose a severe hazard if there is a leak. Carbon monoxide, a highly flammable and lethal gas, is the most commonly used gas. The smell of rotten eggs is a common indicator of a natural gas leak. Be sure to keep your carbon monoxide monitors fully charged if your home uses natural gas, and place them near any appliances that use natural gas.
- Broken Water Lines – Water lines located under your home and within walls can cause significant damage and increase your water bills if they break. Routine plumbing maintenance services can help prevent broken water lines.
Fix Your Leaking Pipes Today with Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Northern Colorado
Don't let leaking pipes damage your property and increase your water bills. Contact the leaking pipe repair experts at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Northern Colorado today to schedule a visit to your home. Our experienced professionals will diagnose and fix your pipe leaks quickly and efficiently, as well as take preventive measures to avoid future leaks. Request a job estimate now to get started.