The main water line to your home has the important job of transferring fresh water to your home. When you have a damaged water line, it can be a challenge for your home. Our service professionals will assess the damage and determine if you need a water line service replacement. Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Northern Colorado provides professional water line installation services to homeowners in Boulder, CO. We will find the most effective solution to your water line issues. Our team works quickly and efficiently to ensure freshwater flow to your home. Contact us today to get an estimate on residential main water service line replacement services.
Signs of Damaged Water Lines
It may be challenging to see signs of damaged water lines until the problem is significant. It’s important to contact us as soon as you notice any signs of problems with your plumbing. The common signs of damaged water lines include the following:
- Potholes or Sinkholes – If your water main runs underneath your sidewalk or driveway, you may notice potholes in unstable soil.
- High Water Bills – When your water bill is unusually high, it often indicates a plumbing leak.
- Discolored or Rusty Water – Dirt may infiltrate your clean water supply, leading to discolored water.
- Unusual Wet Spots – Soggy places in your yard are often signs of a water leak.
- Low Water Pressure – When the water pressure throughout your home is lower than normal, water is typically escaping through a leak in a pipe.
Water Line Damage Causes
A water line works hard each day to pump in new water. It faces normal wear and tears through the years. Water line damage happens under the ground, so it’s important to catch it as soon as possible. Common causes of water line damage include the following:
- Improper Design – If your water lines are designed for your property or were installed incorrectly, they won’t last as long.
- Aging Pipes – Older water lines cannot stand up to pressure and corrosion as well as newer water lines.
- Ground Movement – Ground movement caused by the freezing and thawing of the ground around the water pipes puts pressure on them.
- Rodent Damage – Rodents and pests can wreak havoc on underground water lines and cause them to break.
- Tree Root Intrusion – Tree roots make their way into your water pipes in search of hydration and can cause clogs and issues.
Water Line Repairs vs. Replacement
We understand it can be difficult to know if a water line repair or replacement is best for your home. Most homeowners don’t know whether a partial repair is the best option or if they need a water line installation. The most important factors we consider when deciding between a water line repair and replacement include the following:
- The water main’s existing material
- The age of the water line
- The number of repairs to the water line
- The cost-effectiveness of a water line installation vs. repair
Costs of Water Line Installation
Our plumbing services are never a set cost. We understand all plumbing is unique, so we offer upfront pricing for all services. Our water line installation costs depend on the necessary materials and labor. We understand a new water line installation is more costly than a water line repair but can be less costly in the long run. When facing multiple water line repairs, it can become more expensive than a new one. Our team will work with you to ensure you make the right choice for your plumbing.
Choosing Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Northern Colorado
Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Northern Colorado specializes in plumbing in Boulder, Longmont, Fort Collins, Loveland, Broomfield, Thornton, Greely, and Louisville, CO. Our service professionals use innovative plumbing techniques for water line installation services. We offer preventative plumbing services for our customers to help catch plumbing issues before they become significant problems. We guarantee our service and our parts for your peace of mind. We always offer estimates on our plumbing services before performing your installations or repairs.
Call Our Service Professionals for Water Line Installation
We will quickly and efficiently install a new water line for your home. We understand a water line installation can be a challenging situation, so we will walk you through it. You can trust our service professionals for optimal plumbing services. We provide flexible options and always explain your choices in detail. We want the best for your home. If you have any questions about water line services, reach out to us. Contact us today to request an estimate on water line installation services.