If you think you have a problem with the main sewer line at your home in Olympia, WA, then you probably do. It is essential to have your plumbing inspected in the fall months, so your plumbing system is ready for the heavy rains during the colder months. Consider Mr. Rooter for your preventative maintenance and repairs this fall!
Clues You Need Sewer Line Repair or Replacement Services:
- If you notice rings around the basement drains in your home, then it is probably water stains that indicate a problem with your drain or sewer line. If you have a clog in your main sewer line, you may notice these water stains because the sewer is backing up into your home drains.
- There may be smells and sounds coming from your drains that aren’t usual.
- You could also have a small sinkhole or wet lawn when it should be dry.
- A broken sewer line may not be noticed until you see a crack in your foundation or wall. These cracks may be from water damage caused by an underground leak from a sewer line.
- If you notice a rodent problem or insects gathering in certain areas of your yard or home, this may be because you have a leak or a break in your sewer line. Animals, plants, rodents, and insects are all attracted to sewage leaking in a yard or home.
- Indicators of a sewer line problem inside your home are slow drains or sewer backing up into a toilet, bathtub, or sink. If you have consistent clogs or a total clog, this is also a good indicator that you have a problem with your main sewer line. The best way to tell if the problem is isolated in a secondary line or if it is in the main sewer line is to notice if it affects more than one drain in your home. If it does, then it is almost always your main sewer line.