Residential Clogged Drain Cleaning Services in Olympia, WA
Professional Plumbers Unclogging Your Home’s Drains
You might not pay much attention to your home’s drains until you experience a clog. Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Olympia specializes in cleaning residential clogged drains in Olympia, WA. Your drains perform an essential job, and our professional plumbers will ensure they are working correctly, so you have all the water you need in your home. Clogged drains are an inconvenience, but our plumbers are equipped to unclog them in a hurry. Our team will visit your home and unclog your drain with the best technology in the industry to resolve your slow-draining sink, gurgling toilet, or foul odor. The drains in your homes work together with the pipes and valves to make sure water and waste are transferred smoothly. Our experts repair clogged drains and offer comprehensive residential plumbing services. Learn more about our clogged drain cleaning service to request a job estimate.
Why Are Drains So Important?
Your home’s drains have a crucial job and are just a small part of your overall plumbing system. With that being said, drains are still a critical element and perform a job that’s necessary day in and day out. Clogged drains are one way to make sure you notice your drains, but you can depend on the team at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Olympia to perform drain cleaning services for your clogged drains at your home in Olympia, Tumwater, and Lacey, WA. Your drains carry wastewater away from your house, and that wastewater may contain particles of dirt, soap, dust, food, and other debris. That debris can slow the flow of water, resulting in clogged drains. Do not ignore your clogged drains because they can lead to back-ups in your sinks, bathtubs, and toilets. Clogged drains can also cause property damage and foul odors. A problem with one drain in your home can result in additional problems with other drains, so be sure you contact us at the first sign of a clogged drain.
Signs Your Home May Have Clogged Drains
Sometimes clogged drains are very noticeable, but other times you’ll need to be aware of certain signs that indicate you may have a clogged drain in your home. Our team of professional plumbers offers drain cleaning services for clogged drains that starts with a thorough inspection before we create the most effective solution to solve your plumbing problem. Schedule an appointment with us right away if you notice any of these signs:
- Backed up toilets
- Foul odors coming from drains
- Soggy areas of your yard
- Puddles of water near your laundry appliances, sinks, showers, or bathtubs
- Bubbling sounds coming from toilets
- Slow-draining sinks that make gurgling noises
Cleaning & Repairing All Drain Types
While all the drains in your home perform the same essential function, there are many different types of drains. Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Olympia offers residential clogged drain cleaning solutions for all the drains in your house, including the following:
- Kitchen Drains – The average homeowner does a lot of cooking and washing dishes, leading to kitchen drains becoming clogged by grease, oils, and food particles. Avoid putting any grease or oil down the kitchen sink because these substances can harden inside plumbing pipes. Do not put any meat, bones, or fibrous vegetables down your garage disposal.
- Bathroom Drains – Your bathroom drain can easily become clogged due to a combination of hair and household products like toothpaste and soap. Install drain covers for bathtubs and bathroom sinks, so hair does not go down your drains. You can also run hot water while you brush your teeth, so toothpaste does not harden inside your pipes.
- Floor Drains – You might not pay much attention to your floor drains, but they tend to clog easily. Floor drains are often found in garages, basements, and laundry rooms. Your home’s floor drains can become clogged by dirt, dust, leaves, and other types of debris. Clogged floor drains can result in damage to your home’s flooring, so make sure you have them cleaned out on a regular basis.
DIY Drain Unclogging Tips
While we recommend leaving significant drain cleaning, such as clogs caused by intruding tree roots, to our professionals, there are a few things you can do to determine if you have a clog and clear a minor clog. You can attempt these DIY drain cleaning solutions if you are comfortable, but you can always leave everything to our pros. The following steps may be effective in unclogging minor issues:
- Prepare a pot or kettle of hot water for slow-draining sinks. Use that water to clear the clogged drain. This method is most effective for cleaning clogs caused by hardened fats or oils.
- Carefully pour your hot water down the drain once most or all of the water has drained out of the sink.
- Schedule routine drain cleanings and inspections as a preventative measure.
- Use a plunger and drain snake to unclog your drains. Use the plunger to relocate the clog to the top of your drain, and then use the snake to pull the clog out of the pipe.
- Throw away any clogged material you collect in the trash. Do not flush it back down the pipes, or you’ll end up with another clog.
Schedule Professional Drain Cleaning Today
Now that you know why having your clogged drains cleaned is so important, it’s time to call in our experts. We have the experience, equipment, and expertise necessary to unclog even the worst drain situation. Contact us today to schedule service or request a job estimate.