Reliable Drain Cleaning Near Richmond, KY
Expert Drain Cleaning Services Near You
Most people expect to deal with clogged drains every once in a while. From kitchen sinks to bathtubs, our drains see consistent use on a day-to-day basis. Even the most careful property owner will run into clogged drains.
Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Richmond KY is familiar with the plumbing systems throughout the Richmond, KY, area. From simple clogs to tree root intrusion, we can handle it all. Check out our customer review page for more information about our team from our past clients, or contact us online to schedule a service today.
Call us at (859) 600-0575 to schedule drain cleaning in Richmond today! We're available 24/7 and warranty our services.
Why Call Us to Clean Your Drain?
Looking for plumbers who show up on time and ready to deliver professional, courteous drain cleaning service? You've come to the right place!
At Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Richmond KY, we arrive when we say we will, we show up in a fully-stocked van, and even wear shoe covers in your home.
Why choose us? A few reasons include:
- Our Stellar Reputation. Over the years, we've served many neighbors in Richmond, KY. Our customers especially like our professionalism, Punctuality, and high-quality service. You can visit our reviews page to learn more.
- Our Satisfaction Guarantee. For your peace of mind, we offer a thirty (30) day warranty for our drain cleaning services.
- Our Honest Pricing. Pricing is reviewed and discussed up-front, before we do any work. Our pricing is also flat-rate, meaning the estimate won't change if the service takes us long than we anticipated.
To schedule your drain cleaning service, give our courteous team a call at (859) 600-0575 or request your appointment online. We look forward to serving you!
How Do I Know if My Drains Are Clogged?
Some of the signs of a clogged drain include:
- Slow Moving Drains. The best way to know if your drains are clogged is to measure how fast the water drains in your sink or shower. For example, normal drains usually allow water to fall immediately into the drain. Severe clogs prevent any water from draining at all, which is when you have a serious problem.
- Pools of Water. You might also notice standing water around the base of the tub or sink in areas where it normally does not pool.
- Gurgling Noises. A clogged drain can cause strange gurgling noises when you run water down another drain in your home, even if the other drain works fine on its own.
- Sewage Smells. Foul odors coming from the drains may also be an indicator of a blocked pipe somewhere along the line.
- Debris Near Cleanout Pipe. Depending on the nature of the clog, you might also notice an accumulation of debris near an outdoor sewage cleanout pipe or within your home's pipes.
If left unresolved, blocked drains can lead to flooding and water damage in your home. Trying to clear out a clog yourself with chemical cleaners may help temporarily but could cause further damage to your pipes if over-applied.
It's always best to contact professional plumbing services for help with clogged drains.
Do you notice any of these signs? Call us at (859) 600-0575 for quick and expert drain cleaning near you. Or you can request your service online.
Why Drains Clog
Most clogs are caused by a combination of organic debris, soaps, and fats. The best way to prevent them is to use hair catchers or strainers. These tools allow you to dispose of hair and organic debris before they head down the drain.
Here are some other objects that should never be allowed in your drains:
- Coffee grounds
- Kitty litter
- Fats, oils, & grease
- Produce stickers
- Paper towels
- Cotton balls
- Cotton swabs
- Feminine hygiene products
For example, in a kitchen sink, substances such as fats tend to cool and harden in the pipe. This allows other organic matter to collect around it, causing a clog.
Similarly, soap from the shower will combine with human hair to form clogs. Thus, making it hard for water to drain out of your bathtub or shower.
Give our team a call at (859) 600-0575 to schedule a drain cleaning service with plumbers near you.
What Is the Best Way to Unclog Drains?
Most people’s first instinct is to use caustic drain cleaner from a store to solve a clogged drain issue. However, we strongly recommend against using your average drain cleaner. These types of cleaners work by melting the debris within the drain to clear the clog.
The problem is the drain cleaner can’t distinguish between organic matter and your pipes. If your pipes are old, the drain cleaner will likely eat through those pipes. This will cause further damage to your property.
DIY Drain Cleaner Methods
Instead of using chemical drain cleaners, we recommend trying some of these easy tips:
Enzyme Drain Cleaner
Enzyme drain cleaners are organic substances made up of non-corrosive enzyme-based formulas. These products use bacteria and enzymes to eat through any organic matter in your drains. These products tend to be more expensive and slower than your typical drain cleaner.
But they are much safer to use on your pipes, and some are nontoxic. However, these substances are best used before your drain clogs, not after. They’re a great preventative measure against the formation of many clogs. But once the clog forms, you’ll need other means to get rid of it.
Once your drain clogs, the first thing you should try is pouring boiling water down the drain. You can do this every few weeks to prevent drain clogs as well.
Hot water will melt any soaps or fats sitting in your drain. This allows them to liquefy and proceed further down your line and into the sewer.
Snake Your Drain
If that still doesn’t clear the issue, the next step is to snake your drain. You can do this with an old wire hanger or by getting an inexpensive drain snake from your local hardware store.
A drain snake will dislodge and pull out any material in your drains. You can pull out as much debris as possible and throw it in the garbage can to dispose of it. This step tends to be gross and messy, but it gets the job done.
Call a Licensed Plumber
If all else fails, call a professional plumber in Richmond, KY, to get your drains cleaned ASAP. Professional plumbers have the technology to identify where the clog is.
When in doubt, you can always call us for quick, professional drain cleaning. To book your service, call us at (859) 600-0575 or reach out online.
How Much Does It Cost to Clean Out a Drain?
The cost of drain cleaning in Richmond will vary but will usually range between $100 and $400. The more complex the drain cleaning, the more expensive it will be. For example, a simple bathroom sink clog could take less than 30 minutes to fix. This will usually be on the less expensive side of things.
However, if your toilet is clogged, that takes more time, meaning the service will cost more. Additionally, tree roots can sometimes cause severe clogs in your main sewer line. If the clog in your main sewer line requires complete sewer line repair, this can cost $800 or more to fix.
Call us at (859) 600-0575 or request an estimate online for drain cleaning in Richmond, to get started at your convenience.