The last thing you want to do after waking up at the crack of dawn is wrestle with your water heater, hoping to get just a 10-minute hot shower out of it. Instead, trust that you’ll have reliable, hot water all year long by spending a few minutes learning about which water heater is best for your home and family’s needs.
With conventional models, water is heated in an insulated tank and stored for later use.
- Offers a large quantity of hot water at once.
- Lower price tag.
- Since they’re very common, installation, repairs, and replacement costs are relatively low.
- They come in a variety of sizes.
- Since they are gas powered, they can still function during a power outage.
- Limited hot water supply.
- Higher utility bills.
Tankless Water Heaters
Tankless water heaters heat cold water as it runs through your pipes and into your shower head, meaning there’s no need for a storage tank.
- Energy efficient.
- Offers a continuous supply of hot water.
- Instant hot water.
- Has a long lifespan, when compared to other types of heaters.
- No need for a bulky storage tank in your house.
- They’re more expensive than other types of water heaters.
- The water temperature can sometimes be inconsistent.
Heat Pump (Hybrid) Water Heaters
Hybrid heaters capture heat from the surrounding environment and transfer it to the water in your pipes.
- Because this process requires very little energy, you’ll enjoy lower energy bills.
- They’re a more eco-friendly choice.
- Cools the surrounding environment during hot seasons, offering you more comfort.
- You can qualify for tax incentives that will increase your long-term savings.
- Highly efficient.
- They require regular maintenance because the air filters have to be changed frequently.
- Its efficiency depends on the surrounding temperatures.
Call us today!
About the Author: Stan Pomichter, Mr. Rooter Plumbing of San Francisco
Stan has been a trusted Mr. Rooter owner of Mr. Rooter Plumbing of San Francisco since 2016. With years of experience to back him, Stan has experience with a wide range of plumbing related solutions and systems. He and his team specialize in sewer system repair, drain cleaning, gas line repair, and more.