Common Water Heater Repairs We Can Fix
If your water heater is on the fritz, you don’t have to wait around for the problem to get worse potentially. You can call our team of plumbing professionals to help repair some of the most common (and uncommon) water heater problems. Because we’re a local plumbing company backed by a brand with over 50 years of expertise, you can trust that you’re getting superior-quality solutions.
Some water heater issues we see regularly include:
- Lukewarm or cold water – One of the most common signs of something wrong with your water heater is lukewarm or cold water coming out of the faucet or showerhead. To avoid being shocked with cold water in the middle of a relaxing hot shower, call our professional plumbers for help.
- Foul-smelling water tank – A foul smell coming from your water heater is a serious issue that only a professional should check out. You can attempt to remedy this issue by adding a mixture of water and hydrogen peroxide to your tank. If that doesn’t work, contact Mr. Rooter Plumbing of San Marcos.
- Noisy water tank – Sediments forming in your water tank could be one of the reasons your water heater is making strange noises. To be sure, let our team assess the situation and decide whether you need your tank drained or another solution.
- Leaking tank or hoses – A leaky tank indicates that your water heater is on its last leg and should definitely be replaced. Even the most minor leak can point to a significant issue that one of our expert plumbers should address immediately.
Whether you have a conventional, tankless, or hybrid water heater, our team has years of experience fixing all of them. We are excited to partner with you to get your water heater repaired or replaced in no time so that you can get back to life as usual.
How Long Does a Water Heater Typically Last?
Most residential water heaters have a lifespan of 8 to 12 years before they need to be replaced, depending on factors like size and quality. The key to extending the lifespan of your water heater is proper maintenance.
How Often Should a Water Heater Be Serviced?
It's essential to have your water heater serviced by a professional at least once a year to keep it running efficiently. During the service appointment, our plumbers will:
- Check for potential problems
- Make sure all components are working properly
- Ensure that your water heater is compliant with safety standards and regulations
Investing in regular servicing is essential to keep your water heater safe and energy efficient. Contact Mr. Rooter Plumbing of San Marcos for more information or to get started with a free estimate today.