Common Sewer Line Damage Causes
You may wonder what factors lead to damage in a home's sewer lines, and our professional plumbers are ready to answer all your questions. Sewer line damage is more common than many people think. Your home's plumbing system operates 24/7 as water and waste often run through your pipes and into your sewer line. Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Seattle offers exceptional plumbing solutions to homeowners in Washington encountering sewer line problems requiring a repair or replacement. Many things can cause sewer line damage and leave you with toilets, drains, sinks, toilets, and other components that are no longer functional. Our technicians perform fast and effective residential sewer line replacement and repairs to resolve damage and get your system up and running again. Any pipe in your home might break due to extreme internal pressure as running water or external pressure from soil and earth push from the inside and outside. We've listed several common sewer line damage causes for your benefit:
- Designing, laying out, or installing poor sewer pipes
- Tree roots getting through your piping's holes or joints
- Poor maintenance
- Grease, sludge, hair, toilet paper, and other debris buildup
- Wear and tear because of aging
- The city's sewer line causing a backup
- Ground freezing and thawing
- Earthquakes, heavy construction in your area, or earth movement
Signs You Have a Broken Sewer Pipe
You won't know if your sewer pipe needs repair or replacement services if you don't know when it has an issue. Sewer lines typically display signs, so you can call Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Seattle and let our professionals act quickly to restore yours. Don't panic and stress out, assuming your residential sewer line repair cost will be expensive and put a strain on your finances. Repairing sewer lines is commonly a more affordable plumbing solution than a residential sewer line replacement cost. However, acting quickly with professional repairs and service can save you money and hassle in any situation. We offer all our plumbing repairs and replacements at competitive prices and will give you an estimate before starting any work. You might have a broken sewer pipe if your system shows any of the following indications:
- Noticeable sewage backing up in your bathtubs or toilets
- Your toilets lack water in the bowls or tanks
- Bathtubs draining too slowly or not draining at all
- Flooded lawn
- Grass near your sewage pipe is significantly greener
- Foul Odors filling your basement or yard areas.
How We Fix Broken Sewer Lines
Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Seattle's professional plumbing technicians will start service by thoroughly examining and assessing your sewer line situation to determine the best action to fix it. We will perform any service we can to avoid performing a sewer line replacement. However, sometimes the situation is beyond simple repairs and requires replacement to restore your plumbing. You can learn more about our most common sewer line services for Seattle homeowners:
- Pipe Relining – This method lets us provide you with new pipes from the inside out. We can prevent cracks using a type of sleeve to reline your current pipes. Our expert team starts this service with a thorough cleaning of your existing sewer pipe before inserting the lining. This sleeve hardens in just a few hours and is ready to use.
- Preventative Maintenance – Our team offers essential preventive pipe maintenance services to help you avoid sewer line damage in the first place. Our expert plumbers thoroughly inspect and clean your drains to prevent buildup from significant debris and prevent clogs, cracks, and bursts.
- Burst Pipe Hydraulic Replacement – This method involves pulling a new sewer pipe through the old one if it has sustained too much damage. This trenchless technique breaks apart your damaged pipe using hydraulics and replaces it with a new one.
Sewer Line Replacement Explained
Unfortunately, repairing your sewer line is not always the best solution, but you can count on a residential sewer line replacement by Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Seattle. Our plumbing technicians will explain all your options, give you an accurate quote, and answer all your questions about replacement. We perform replacements using trenchless methods because they're cost-effective and won't destroy your lawn or landscaping. We aim to save you time and money as we take care of all your sewer line needs.
Contact Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Seattle Today
Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Seattle is ready to help you if tree roots have destroyed your sewer lines or you have sewage leaking under your property. We're available to repair or replace your cracked, deformed, broken, or collapsed sewer lines 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Contact us today to schedule sewer line repair or replacement services or request an estimate.