Few plumbing issues cause as much stress as a sewage system backup. All the wastewater in your home must travel through your sewer line to exit your home. When a blockage forms inside your sewer line, the wastewater has nowhere to go. In those cases, it can begin to flow up through toilets, sinks, and drains in your home. In the worst cases, this can flood areas with unsanitary material and cause extremely unpleasant odors. That’s why it’s essential to call a professional plumbing company at the first sign of a sewer system backup. Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Shasta County performs sewer backup repairs in Redding, California, and the surrounding areas. Learn more about our sewer system backup repairs.
Do You Already Have a Sewer Backup Forming?
Your plumbing system will usually give you a warning when a sewer system backup is beginning. The signs of a sewer backup come in many different forms, from unpleasant odors to unusual sounds. Once a backup becomes severe, the damage can be costly and inconvenient. So, homeowners should watch for signs that tell them a clog is forming within their sewer line. Some of the most common signs of a sewer system backup include the following:
- If you notice puddles of water near your basement floor drain
- If multiple drains in your home seem clogged
- If wastewater is backing up into your toilets, showers, bathtubs, or sinks
- If you notice foul odors near your home’s drains or around your lawn
- If your drains and toilets make a gurgling sound when in use
What Is Tree Root Intrusion?
Tree root intrusion is one of the leading causes of sewer system backups. Tree root intrusion occurs when the roots of a tree grow into a sewer line and create an impassable blockage. How does this happen? Well, roots tend to seek out water in the soil. When water seeps through a crack or joint in a sewer line, it can attract nearby tree roots over the course of time. Eventually, the tree roots will grow into the crack, making it worse and clogging the line. Sewer system backups also occur due to many other types of clogs, such as hair, grease, food particles, and other debris.
Solutions for a Sewer System Backup
When your home’s main sewer line needs to be repaired, the best solutions will depend on the situation and the extent of the damage. If your sewer line is severely damaged or the structural integrity of the line is compromised, we might recommend sewer line replacement. In simpler cases, we may be able to clean out a clog with high-powered hydrojetting. Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Shasta County always offers you a range of possible sewer line repair options, explaining the pros and cons of each during your appointment. Some of the solutions for a sewer system backup include:
- Hydro Jetting – Hydro jetting is an excellent solution when you have a particularly stubborn clog. This method involves a high-pressure stream of water capable of blasting away nearly any blockage from things like tree roots, grease buildup, or other debris.
- Pipe Relining – Relining your pipe is an appealing long-term solution for sewer lines with cracks and leaks. We can insert a sleeve into your existing sewer line, which will harden and form a new watertight surface for the inside of your sewer line.
- Maintenance – The most convenient way to deal with sewer system backups is to prevent them. Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Shasta County offers maintenance services that can identify sewer system backups early and prevent them from disrupting your daily life. Routine maintenance is also an effective way to avoid many other plumbing problems.
- Rooter Work and Drain Cleaning – Some blockages can be fixed by simply cleaning drains and removing clogs with a rooter (otherwise known as a snake). This can be a quick and easy solution, but it may not be enough if there is damage to your sewer line.
- Pipe Replacement – In the most severe cases of sewer line damage, we may recommend replacing your sewer line. Sometimes, a sewer line is compromised beyond the point of repair, and replacement becomes the wisest option.
Schedule a Sewer Backup Repair Appointment Now!
We hope you rest easier knowing that you have a local plumbing team to help you anytime you have a sewer system backup in your home. While dealing with sewage flowing up through your drains can be a stressful problem, it will be less stressful when you have experts helping you through it. Homeowners in Redding, Anderson, Shasta Lake, and Cottonwood, CA have come to associate us with prompt service calls, reliable craftsmanship, and transparent pricing. Contact us today to schedule your sewer backup repair appointment.