If you're dealing with a slow-moving sink or frequently clogged drain, it's time for drain cleaning – and not just another bottle of drain cleaner, either.
The plumbers at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Torrance recommend using our HydroScrub® solution, also known as hydro jetting, for drain cleaning. This method involves using powerful water jets to clear out any obstructions and debris in your drains and sewers, leaving behind a clean and smooth pipe surface.
But why go with hydro jetting over other professional or DIY drain cleaning methods? Let's explore the benefits of hydro jetting, the process involved, and situations where it's the ideal choice for drain cleaning.
What's Hydro Jetting?
Hydro jetting involves using high-pressure water, up to 3500 psi, from a large water tank with a nozzle to clear clogs in sewer lines. The nozzle is inserted into the drain, and the force of the water jet blasts away blockages while also removing any built-up debris on the walls of the pipes.
Here's a step-by-step overview of the hydro jetting process:
- An inspection of your drains and plumbing system is done to locate any blockages or clogs.
- A plumbing technician will insert a hose with a specialized nozzle into your drain or sewer line.
- The water tank is then pressurized to create powerful streams of water.
- The nozzle will be moved down the pipe, using a back-and-forth motion to ensure even cleaning of the inside surface of the pipe.
- Once all blockages and debris have been cleared, a video camera inspection is completed to ensure drain lines are completely cleared.
The entire process is typically completed within a few hours, depending on the number of blockages and the drain line size. The results are instantaneous and long-lasting!
Benefits of Hydro Jetting Your Drains
Now that you know what hydro jetting is, let's look at the benefits of using this method for your clog removal and drain cleaning needs:
It's Ready to Clear Any Clog
Hydro jetting is effective against all types of tough clogs and sludge found in your sewer lines, including:
- Cooking grease
- Food waste
- Soap scum
- Tree roots
- Calcium deposits
- Wipes and other hygiene products
- Soil, rocks, and organic debris
The powerful water jets can even break through hard clogs that other drain cleaning methods can’t reach.
It's an Eco-Friendly Drain Cleaning Method
Using hydro jetting for your drain cleaning needs is an environmentally friendly process. The high-pressure water jet can clear away debris and blockages without harsh chemicals, making it an ideal choice for homeowners seeking greener solutions to their plumbing needs.
It's Safe and Effective for Your Plumbing
Hydro jetting is a safe and effective way to clear even the toughest clogs with minimal risk of damage to your pipes or other components in your plumbing system. When done correctly by a professional plumber, it can be used on any drain around your home and business.
It's Great at Preventing Future Clogs
With its powerful water jet, hydro scrub jetting can eliminate all the accumulated debris from inside the pipes, leaving them unobstructed and polished. This helps prevent future blockages in your drains, saving you time and money in the long run.
Who Should Use Hydro Jetting?
Hydro scrub jetting is a great option for anyone wanting a long-lasting clean, but there are some situations where it's even more beneficial. Here are a few examples:
- Commercial Properties - Commercial buildings often have a lot of traffic and usage, leading to serious drainage blockages. Hydro scrub jetting is a great way to keep these systems clean and running smoothly.
- Restaurants - Restaurants often deal with a lot of grease and food particles that can create stubborn clogs. Hydro scrub jetting helps to remove this debris, keeping your kitchen plumbing functioning properly.
- Frequently Clogged Drains - If you've tried other methods to clear your clogged drains, but they keep recurring, hydro scrub jetting can provide a long-lasting solution to keep your drain clear.
Hydro Jetting vs. Other Drain Cleaning Methods
Here’s a quick comparison between hydro jetting and two other common drain cleaning methods: chemical drain cleaners and mechanical drain augers.
- Chemical Drain Cleaners – Chemical drain cleaners are great at eliminating blockages in the short term, but they use harsh chemicals that can damage your pipes over time. They also don't work on tougher clogs like tree roots, so it's often ineffective in certain situations.
- Mechanical Drain Augers – A mechanical drain auger (also known as a plumbing snake) is an efficient way to break up drain clogs and remove debris from your pipes. However, it can be difficult to get into tight spaces and is not as effective at removing debris from the internal walls of your pipes.
Of course, requesting a drain inspection from a certified plumber is always the best way to determine which method of drain cleaning is right for you!
See if Hydro Jetting Is Best for Your Home's Clogged Drain
As you can see, hydro jetting is a great solution for drain cleaning and clearing out stubborn clogs. It's fast, reliable, and eco-friendly, providing homeowners with a long-lasting clean that keeps their plumbing system running at its best.
For more information on how hydro jetting can help your drains, contact the experts at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Torrance for help! We'll be happy to answer any questions you have about the process and help you determine if hydro jetting is right for your home's plumbing.
Don't wait until it's too late – request an appointment online to try HydroScrub® hydro jetting from Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Torrance today!