The Importance of Your Home’s Drains
Most Arizona homeowners don’t spend much time thinking about the drains in their home’s plumbing systems. But things change as soon as you experience a clogged drain. The sole job of a drain is to carry wastewater away from your home. Wastewater contains particles from soap, food, dust, dirt, and more. These particles will slow the water flow and sometimes clog your drains. Our experienced plumbers will get your wastewater flowing again so you can avoid the stress and mess of a clogged drain. Ignoring a clogged drain can result in property damage, backed-up toilets, sinks, and tubs, and foul odors. A problem in one of your drains can cause problems in other drains because they all flow to the same place.
Signs of Clogged Drains
Sometimes clogged drains are easy to spot, but not always. Most homeowners notice when their water stops flowing or their sinks get backed up, but this is just one sign that you require clogged drain cleaning from Mr. Rooter® of Tucson. Our drain cleaning experts will visit your home and perform a thorough inspection and diagnosis to determine the root of the problem and the best way to solve it. Some common signs of a clogged drain include:
- Toilets backing up
- Foul odors from your drains
- Toilets making bubbling noises
- Soggy areas of your yard
- Sinks that gurgle and drain slowly
- Puddled water near bathtubs, showers, sinks, and laundry appliances
Types of Drains We Repair
While all drains essentially perform similar roles, each type of drain is somewhat unique. Our clogged drain cleaning service is available for all kinds of residential drains, including:
- Kitchen Drains – The drain in your kitchen sink can easily become clogged by grease, food particles, and oil. These elements are often washed down the drain while cleaning up after your meal. Do your best to avoid putting oil or grease down the drain because they will harden inside the pipes. You’ll also want to avoid washing foods such as bones, fibrous vegetables, and meat down your drain. Using a garbage disposal can only do so much.
- Bathroom Drains – Some of the most common causes of bathroom drain clogs are soap, hair, and toothpaste. Try installing drain covers in your bathtub and bathroom sinks. Run hot water while you brush your teeth because it will help ensure that toothpaste does not harden in your pipes.
- Floor Drains – These drains are typically located in garages, basements, and laundry rooms. Floor drains get clogged by dirt, dust, and leaves, among other debris. A clogged floor drain can cause damage to your floor. Don’t forget to have them cleaned just because they’re often out of sight.
How to Fix a Clogged Drain
One of the best ways to identify a clogged drain is to determine if your sink is draining. If you have a clogged drain, the clogged pipe drain cleaners at Mr. Rooter® of Tucson are here to help. Follow these steps:
- If water is still draining partially, allow it to drain while you prepare a kettle or pot of hot water. Boiled water can clear clogged drains due to hardened fats and oils. Once all or most of the water drains, pour hot water into your drain carefully. You should also schedule routine drain cleanings and inspections.
- Use a plunger and a snake drain. Sink plungers are easy to manage and allow you to move the clog near the top of the drain. Use a drain snake to pull the material out of your pipe. Be sure you throw that material away in the trash instead of flushing it down the pipe.
- If the aforementioned steps do not work, it’s time to call our professional plumbers. DIY solutions cannot unclog drains with deep clogs such as from tree roots. Our team has the experience, expertise, and equipment necessary to unclog even the worst situation.
Schedule Drain Cleaning Service Today
Mr. Rooter® of Tucson is here to help keep your drains in optimal condition. Our professionals will ensure your drains are working correctly. We offer preventative maintenance services designed to save you time, money, and hassle. We are available 24/7 for emergency drain cleaning services in the Tucson area. Contact us today to schedule an appointment or request an estimate.
Should I Use Chemicals to Clear Drains?
Using chemicals to clear drains can be a tempting solution, but it's important to consider the potential drawbacks. While drain cleaners can effectively dissolve certain clogs caused by food, hair, and grease, they can also damage your pipes over time. Chemical drain cleaners contain harsh substances that may corrode or weaken the pipes, leading to leaks or even pipe bursts. If overused or misused, these chemicals can harm the environment and pose health risks. It's advisable to consult our service professionals, who can provide safer and more effective methods for clearing your drains while preserving the integrity of your plumbing system.
What Causes Drain Flies?
Drain flies, also referred to as sewer flies or moth flies, are tiny insects commonly found near drains or stagnant water sources. These pests thrive in moist, organic matter such as decaying food, sewage, or damp areas in drains. The presence of drain flies is often an indication of a drainage issue, such as a clogged pipe or a damaged seal. The flies lay their eggs in the organic matter, and their larvae feed on it until they mature into adults. To eliminate drain flies, it's essential to address the underlying cause by cleaning the affected drains, removing any debris, and ensuring proper drainage to prevent their recurrence.
Can I Use Baking Soda to Clear Clogs in Drains?
Yes, using baking soda can be an effective and environmentally friendly method to clear minor clogs in drains. Baking soda is a natural cleaning agent that can help break down blockages caused by grease, oils, or organic matter. To use baking soda for clearing clogs, start by pouring hot water down the drain to loosen the debris. Then, pour half a cup of baking soda, followed by a mixture containing one cup of vinegar and one cup of hot water. The chemical reaction will help dislodge the clog. After about 10 minutes, flush the drain with hot water. However, for stubborn or severe clogs, it's best to consult our service professionals.
What Types of Drains Do You Clean?
As a professional plumbing company, we provide comprehensive drain cleaning services for various types of drains and plumbing systems. Our team is equipped to handle common household drains such as kitchen sinks, bathroom sinks, showers, bathtubs, and toilets. Our service professionals are experienced in dealing with both residential and commercial drain systems. Additionally, we can clean the main sewer lines and perform thorough inspections to identify any underlying issues. Whether you have a clogged kitchen sink or a slow-draining shower, our team has the expertise and tools to efficiently clean and restore the functionality of your drains.
What Are Some Signs That I Need My Drain Cleaned?
Several signs indicate the need for a professional drain cleaning. If you notice slow drainage in sinks, showers, or tubs, it may be a sign of a partial clog in the drainpipe. Foul odors emanating from drains can also indicate a buildup of organic matter. Gurgling sounds coming from drains or toilets may suggest a blockage in the sewer line. Recurring clogs that aren't easily resolved with household remedies are another indication that your drains may require professional cleaning. It's important not to ignore these signs, as neglected drain issues can lead to more significant plumbing problems down the line. Don't mess around when it comes to calling us for a clogged drain cleaning service.
How Should I Prepare for a Mr. Rooter Drain Cleaning Service?
To ensure a smooth and efficient home drain cleaning service, there are a few simple steps you can take to prepare. First, clear the area around the affected drains and remove any objects or debris that may hinder access. If possible, provide our team with any relevant information about your plumbing system, such as known issues or recent repairs. It's also advisable to secure pets and valuable items outside of the work area to prevent accidents or damage. Lastly, make sure you communicate any specific concerns or questions you might have with our team before the service begins. Our clog pipe drain cleaners will guide you through the process and address any additional preparation steps if necessary.
How Long Does a Professional Drain Cleaning Take?
The duration of your professional drain cleaning service can vary depending on factors such as the severity of the blockage as well as the complexity of the plumbing system. Typically, it takes a few hours to complete the task. Drain cleaning can range from 30 minutes to two hours for basic clogs, while more stubborn or deep-seated blockages may take multiple hours or even a full day. Residential clogged drain cleaning will have your plumbing system back up and running sooner than you might think.
How Much Does a Professional Drain Cleaning Cost?
It's best to consult with Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Tucson for an accurate estimate for clogged drain cleaning, as prices can vary based on location, the extent of the clog, and any additional repairs or services required. We are happy to offer our clogged drain services in Tucson, AZ.