The Importance of Your Home’s Drains
Most Arizona homeowners don’t spend much time thinking about the drains in their home’s plumbing systems. But things change as soon as you experience a clogged drain. The sole job of a drain is to carry wastewater away from your home. Wastewater contains particles from soap, food, dust, dirt, and more. These particles will slow the water flow and sometimes clog your drains. Our experienced plumbers will get your wastewater flowing again so you can avoid the stress and mess of a clogged drain. Ignoring a clogged drain can result in property damage, backed-up toilets, sinks, and tubs, and foul odors. A problem in one of your drains can cause problems in other drains because they all flow to the same place.
Signs of Clogged Drains
Sometimes clogged drains are easy to spot, but not always. Most homeowners notice when their water stops flowing or their sinks get backed up, but this is just one sign that you require clogged drain cleaning from Mr. Rooter® of Tucson. Our drain cleaning experts will visit your home and perform a thorough inspection and diagnosis to determine the root of the problem and the best way to solve it. Some common signs of a clogged drain include:
- Toilets backing up
- Foul odors from your drains
- Toilets making bubbling noises
- Soggy areas of your yard
- Sinks that gurgle and drain slowly
- Puddled water near bathtubs, showers, sinks, and laundry appliances
Types of Drains We Repair
While all drains essentially perform similar roles, each type of drain is somewhat unique. Our clogged drain cleaning service is available for all kinds of residential drains, including:
- Kitchen Drains – The drain in your kitchen sink can easily become clogged by grease, food particles, and oil. These elements are often washed down the drain while cleaning up after your meal. Do your best to avoid putting oil or grease down the drain because they will harden inside the pipes. You’ll also want to avoid washing foods such as bones, fibrous vegetables, and meat down your drain. Using a garbage disposal can only do so much.
- Bathroom Drains – Some of the most common causes of bathroom drain clogs are soap, hair, and toothpaste. Try installing drain covers in your bathtub and bathroom sinks. Run hot water while you brush your teeth because it will help ensure that toothpaste does not harden in your pipes.
- Floor Drains – These drains are typically located in garages, basements, and laundry rooms. Floor drains get clogged by dirt, dust, and leaves, among other debris. A clogged floor drain can cause damage to your floor. Don’t forget to have them cleaned just because they’re often out of sight.
How to Fix a Clogged Drain
One of the best ways to identify a clogged drain is to determine if your sink is draining. If you have a clogged drain, the clogged pipe drain cleaners at Mr. Rooter® of Tucson are here to help. Follow these steps:
- If water is still draining partially, allow it to drain while you prepare a kettle or pot of hot water. Boiled water can clear clogged drains due to hardened fats and oils. Once all or most of the water drains, pour hot water into your drain carefully. You should also schedule routine drain cleanings and inspections.
- Use a plunger and a snake drain. Sink plungers are easy to manage and allow you to move the clog near the top of the drain. Use a drain snake to pull the material out of your pipe. Be sure you throw that material away in the trash instead of flushing it down the pipe.
- If the aforementioned steps do not work, it’s time to call our professional plumbers. DIY solutions cannot unclog drains with deep clogs such as from tree roots. Our team has the experience, expertise, and equipment necessary to unclog even the worst situation.
Schedule Drain Cleaning Service Today
Mr. Rooter® of Tucson is here to help keep your drains in optimal condition. Our professionals will ensure your drains are working correctly. We offer preventative maintenance services designed to save you time, money, and hassle. We are available 24/7 for emergency drain cleaning services in the Tucson area. Contact us today to schedule an appointment or request an estimate.