Residential Clogged Drains in Van Nuys, CA
Call Us When Drain Clog Remover Doesn’t Work
If you have tried using a plunger and store-bought drain clog remover to clear clogged drains in your house & haven't had any luck, it's time to call a professional. Our service professionals at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Van Nuys can quickly clear residential clogged drains in the Central San Fernando Valley region of Los Angeles, CA. We use powerful drain clog removers like plumbing snakes, drain rooters, and hydro jetting to clean even the deepest & most stubborn clogged drains. If you're ready to have a professional unclog drains in your home, call our 24/7 live answering service to schedule an appointment.
How to Unclog a Drain With Drain Clog Remover or a Plunger
Before scheduling professional drain cleaning services, you can try to unclog a drain yourself. If it is a clogged kitchen sink or clogged bathroom sink, you may be able to use a chemical drain clog remover. You shouldn't use drain clog remover on a toilet, shower drain, bathtub drain, or drain with a garbage disposal. You shouldn't pour drain clog remover in a sink with standing water, as it's more likely to splash up on your face and cause skin irritation or burns. Call us for professional drain cleaning services if a plunger or chemical drain clog remover doesn't work. For clogged bathroom or kitchen sinks, use this plunger method:
- Use a cup plunger rather than a toilet plunger or accordion plunger.
- If the sink doesn't have standing water, fill it so the drain is covered.
- If the sink has standing water in it and you used a drain clog remover, don't plunge the drain. This could cause the drain cleaner to splash into your eyes or face.
- Put the plunger over the center of the drain and start plunging up and down forcefully. After a minute or two, remove the plunger to see if the water goes down.
- If the water doesn't go down, put the plunger over the drain again. Try plunging quickly and forcefully for quite a while. It usually takes longer than you'd think to unclog a drain, especially if it's a stubborn clog or deep in the pipes.
Signs You Need Professional Drain Cleaning Services
When you can’t clear a clogged drain with a plunger or store-bought drain clog remover, you need professional drain cleaning services. Here are the most common symptoms of a stubborn residential clogged drain:
- Pools of water have formed around your drains.
- The water is slow to drain or makes a strange gurgling or bubbling noise when going down the drain.
- You keep smelling musty or moldy odors from the drain.
- Your home has a sewer odor, and one or more drains are backed up.
- If you use one plumbing fixture, another one misbehaves. For instance, using the washing machine makes the kitchen sink gurgle.
- You keep finding dead insects, roaches, or rodents in your sinks or shower.
- Your water bill is mysteriously increasing.
- Your toilet overflows or clogs frequently.
Why Choose Us to Clear Clogged Drains?
We offer fast, dependable drain cleaning services. Our uniformed service professionals always show up on time and in company vehicles, so you know who it is when you answer the door. We work fast so you can return to your regular routine as soon as possible. We also strive to help our customers save money by offering flat-rate pricing when possible and no overtime fees. Our Advantage Plan helps our customers keep up with preventive plumbing maintenance like plumbing inspections and drain cleaning services. This can prevent future plumbing problems like clogged drains, broken pipes, and sewer system backups.
Drain Cleaning Services in the Central San Fernando Valley
Are you ready to schedule professional drain cleaning services in the Central San Fernando Valley region of Los Angeles, CA? Call us today at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Van Nuys. We'll unclog drains quickly so you can use your plumbing fixtures again without worry. When you can't clear a clogged drain, call our 24/7 live answering service or request an estimate.