Residential Water Heater Repair in Van Nuys, CA
Fast, Dependable Residential Water Heater Repair
Your water heater is one of the most important appliances in your home. It gives you hot water to clean, wash dishes and clothes, and bathe. When it isn't working, you shouldn't attempt your own water heater repairs - you should call a professional. At Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Van Nuys, our service professionals have years of experience in residential water heater repair in the Central San Fernando Valley region of Los Angeles, CA. We can determine what's causing your water heater to act up and then recommend water heater repair or water heater replacement. Our water heater repair services are fast, so you can return to your normal routine with little downtime. If you're ready to schedule water heater repairs, call our 24/7 answering service or make an appointment through our website.
When to Call a Professional for Water Heater Repair
If you’ve been ignoring the signs that you need water heater repair, it's likely the problem is only getting worse. Calling a service professional when your water heater starts acting up will make residential water heater repairs faster and easier. Call us today for water heater repair services if you notice any of these problems in your home:
- You don’t have enough hot water for your household’s daily needs.
- You find signs of a hot water heater leak, like puddles of water near the water heater, rust or corrosion, mold, or mildew growth.
- Your water is dirty, rusty, or otherwise discolored.
- Your water smells or tastes unusual.
- Your water heating or water bills have suddenly increased.
- The water heater is making weird noises.
- The water heater pilot light won’t stay lit.
- The water pressure keeps changing.
- Water goes from hot to cold rapidly throughout a shower.
Do You Need Residential Water Heater Replacement?
If your water heater has undergone frequent water heater repairs over the years and is likely to need many more, you may be better off scheduling water heater replacement services. Most water heaters have a lifespan of 11-20 years, but if you have never scheduled water heater repairs or maintenance, that lifespan can be significantly shorter. If you aren’t sure if you need a new water heater installed, we’ll consider these factors to help you decide:
- Your water heater is over 15 years old.
- You’ve been paying for more and more water heater repairs.
- You haven’t kept up with routine water heater maintenance.
- Your household’s hot water needs have changed.
- You want a bigger or more energy-efficient water heater.
- Your water heating bills have increased and you can’t afford them anymore.
Choosing a Water Heater Replacement for Installation
If it is more cost-effective or logical to choose water heater replacement, we can help you select a new one. We ensure our residential water heater replacement services are fast and cost-effective for every household. We can install these types of new water heaters for your home:
- Conventional - A conventional water heater has a storage tank that can hold around 30-60 gallons of hot water at a time. As you use hot water from the tank, more is heated using electricity, propane, natural gas, or fuel oil. A high-efficiency conventional water heater can save you up to 7% on your energy bills.
- Tankless - A tankless water heater doesn’t have a tank. Instead, water is heated up on demand using a heat exchanger. The heat exchanger is operated by electricity, natural gas, or propane. If you opt for a tankless water heater, you can save up to 30% on your energy bills.
- Hybrid - A hybrid water heater has a tank but is heated with an electric heat pump. The heat pump takes hot air from outside the unit and transfers it inside to heat the water. A hybrid water heater can save you up to 60% on your energy bills.
After installing a new water heater, we recommend that our customers keep up with routine water heater maintenance. This preventive maintenance will also reduce your risk of more significant plumbing problems in the future. Our Advantage Plan can help you schedule water heater repairs, maintenance, and inspections that will extend the lifespan of your water heater.
Call for Water Heater Repair in Central San Fernando Valley
If you're not sure if you need water heater repair services or water heater replacement in the Central San Fernando Valley region of Los Angeles, CA, call us at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Van Nuys. We'll send a service professional to your home to find out what's wrong with your water heater and if it can be easily repaired. To schedule an appointment for hot water heater repair or hot water heater replacement, call our 24/7 live answering service or request a job estimate. Don't go another minute without hot water in your home.