Residential Sewer System Backups in Van Nuys, CA
We Repair Sewer System Backups Quickly With No Mess
If your sewer line is damaged or clogged, it can lead to a sewer system backup and a big mess. At Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Van Nuys, we use a unique trenchless method to repair residential sewer system backups in the Central San Fernando Valley region of Los Angeles. We can do a quick sewer line inspection to determine the extent of the problem and find the best way to repair the sewer system. Then we can complete sewer system cleaning and repairs. If you've noticed warning signs of a sewer system backup, call our 24/7 live answering service or schedule an appointment on our website today.
Warning Signs of a Residential Sewer System Backup
Even if you’ve never suffered from a sewer system backup, you should be able to spot the warning signs. Recognizing early warning signs will reduce the risk of the problem getting bigger and more expensive. When you call us early enough, we can repair sewer systems faster and easier. Watch out for these signs you have a residential sewer system backup:
- Drains or toilets that bubble up or gurgle when you use other plumbing fixtures.
- A strong sewer odor around your home.
- A rotten food smell or mold smell coming from your drains.
- More than one clogged drain, particularly a clogged toilet, and one or more other drain clogs.
- A slow drain or water pooled up around one or more drains, especially a basement drain or garage floor drain.
- Standing water in your sewer cleanout pipe.
- Wastewater or sewage backing up into your toilet, bathtub, or shower.
- Patches of lush grass in your yard where grass hasn’t grown before.
- Wet or marshy patches in your yard or pools of dirty water with algae growth.
- Cracks in your foundation or mold and mildew growth.
What Causes a Sewer System Backup?
Many different things can contribute to a sewer system backup. Sometimes, you can prevent or reduce your risk of sewer line problems by scheduling routine maintenance like sewer line inspections and sewer line cleaning. The most common causes of sewer system backups are:
- Blocked, clogged, or broken pipes.
- Tree root intrusions that cause debris buildup, cracks, and breaks.
- Burst sewer pipes due to freezing and thawing of pipes.
- Damaged pipes caused by heavy overhead traffic, nearby construction, or earthquakes.
- Backup from the city’s sewer line.
- Heavy storms and rainfall.
- Aged and worn-out sewer pipes.
- A poorly installed or designed sewer system.
- Flushing items other than toilet paper and waste down the toilet.
- Rinsing fat, oil, grease, paint, or other insoluble substances down your drains.
How We Repair Sewer Systems With Our Trenchless System
When you call us to repair a sewer system, we will first do a thorough video camera inspection of the sewer line. This helps us determine the location, cause, and severity of the problem. Next, we can discuss our best method to fix your sewer system backup. We use trenchless sewer line repairs, so we won't need to dig holes in your yard to uncover or repair the problem. This saves you time and money and preserves the health and beauty of your yard. It also means that our sewer system backup repairs are faster and less expensive. Here is how we complete trenchless repairs of sewer systems:
- Hydro Jetting - Our hydro jetting method can clean out even the most stubborn clogs deep within your sewer line. We use powerful blasts of pressurized water to break apart clogs and debris and then flush it into the main sewer line. We can then complete more permanent repairs of sewer systems.
- Pipe Lining - Using this trenchless sewer system repair, we insert a special, quick-hardening sleeve into the pipe. When the sleeve hardens, it creates a new pipe inside the old one. It seals up cracks and breaks and prevents future damage. Pipe relining is a trenchless repair for sewer systems.
- Pipe Bursting - If we can't use pipe relining, we'll use hydraulics to break apart the damaged pipes. We can then guide new sewer pipes in without digging trenches or holes.
Sewer System Cleaning & Sewer System Backup Prevention
Once we have repaired your sewer line, we recommend you keep up with routine sewer line maintenance. This preventative maintenance will make you less likely to suffer from another sewer system backup. Our Advantage Plan allows customers to schedule sewer line inspections, sewer system cleaning with hydro jetting, and repairs that will prevent clogs, backups, broken pipes, and more. Here are some other sewer system backup prevention tips you should follow:
- Only flush toilet paper and waste. Don't flush baby wipes, cosmetic wipes, facial tissues, paper towels, cardboard, or trash.
- Don’t plant trees or shrubs near your sewer line.
- Don’t flush grease, oil, fat, or paint down the drain.
- If your pipes are old, have a professional reline them.
- Schedule regular sewer line inspections and sewer system cleaning.
- Repair plumbing problems and clogged drains right away.
Call for Sewer System Service in Central San Fernando Valley
If you need an inspection of your residential sewer system in the Central San Fernando Valley region of Los Angeles, call us at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Van Nuys. We'll quickly send a service professional to your home to find out what the problem is and how we can solve it. We'll then walk you through the process, including how long it will take to repair a sewer system, how much it will cost, and any other questions you have. To schedule an appointment for sewer system cleaning or to repair a sewer system, call our 24/7 live answering service or request an estimate.