The saying “a clean home is a happy home” has never been more true than it is now. A clean home doesn’t just make your days more comfortable, it can actually help keep you and your family safe.
Cleaning is probably a part of your everyday routine, but are you cleaning in the most effective way possible? The pros at Mr. Rooter Plumbing are sharing some of their tips for good cleaning habits.
Helpful Cleaning and Plumbing Tips
When Cleaning the Bathroom
- Start at the ceiling. As you clean, dust and debris will fall to the floor, so we suggest starting with your light fixtures and working your way down.
- Avoid chemical cleaners. Chemical cleaners can emit toxic odors that are dangerous if inhaled. They can also corrode your plumbing and stain surfaces.
- Keep an eye out for leaks. A dripping pipe or faucet may not seem like a big issue at first, but excess moisture can lead to mold and mildew.
When Cleaning the Kitchen
- Eliminate smelly odors in your sink. Pour 1/4 cup of baking soda into the sink drain. Then, add 1/4 cup of white vinegar. Leave the mixture to sit and bubble for 15 minutes. Then, pour warm water down the drain.
- Clean a smelly dishwasher. Dishwashers are incredibly low maintenance, but they still need to be cleaned every few weeks.
- Get rid of fruit flies in your sink. If fruit flies make a home in your drain, traps and sticky pads certainly won’t do the trick. To get rid of them quickly, pour hot vinegar down your drain twice a day for a few days or until you no longer notice fruit flies.
Mr. Rooter Plumbing has been assisting homeowners with their plumbing issues for decades, and our expertise is unmatched! To learn more, give us a call at (717) 516-2673 or fill out our form!