6 Ways to Avoid a Plumbing Emergency
Preventing a plumbing emergency is essential to avoid costly plumbing repairs and disruptions to your daily life.
Here are six valuable tips on how to avoid plumbing emergencies:
- Regular Plumbing Maintenance. Schedule routine plumbing inspections. We can help identify and address potential issues before they escalate into emergencies.
- Monitor Your Water Pressure. High water pressure can strain pipes and fixtures, increasing the risk of leaks or bursts. Your home's water pressure should be between 30-80 psi. Use a pressure regulator to maintain optimal levels. If it’s over 80 psi, call us.
- Avoid Chemical Drain Cleaners. Harsh chemicals can damage pipes and worsen clogs. Opt for natural or professional drain cleaning methods.
- Properly Dispose of Waste. Avoid flushing non-flushable items like floss, tissue, and feminine products. This includes flushable wipes! The only things you should ever flush are human waste and toilet paper. We also recommend disposing of grease, oil, and food scraps in your trash - not the garbage disposal.
- Be Cautious with DIY Projects. Unless you have the necessary expertise, it's best to leave complex plumbing repairs or installations to licensed plumbers.
- Know Where Your Water Shut-Off Valves Are. Familiarize yourself with your shut-off valves for the main water supply and individual fixtures. This can help you quickly stop water flow in case of emergencies.
We're human too. Frankly, plumbing emergencies aren't fun. We strongly recommend following these tips. Doing so can help minimize the risk of plumbing emergencies and ensure a well-functioning plumbing system for your home.
Is a Leaky Pipe a Plumbing Emergency?
A leaky pipe can potentially be considered a plumbing emergency. It depends on the severity of the leak and the potential for significant damage. If your leak is substantial, causing flooding, structural damage, or posing safety risks, immediate attention is required.
However, minor leaks that are slow and do not pose an immediate threat may not be considered emergencies. That said, they still require prompt repair to prevent further damage. When in doubt, contact a licensed plumber to determine the urgency.
Need an emergency plumber in Denton, TX? Request your service online today. We’ll be over ASAP to help!
Why Choose Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Denton?
If you’re not panic-searching at 2 am, you have time to research the best plumbers in Denton before deciding with whom you’d like to schedule services. Please take a look through our customer reviews to see what your neighbors have to say.
Beyond being a courteous team of professionals, customers call us because:
- We carry licensing and insurance to complete any plumbing task;
- Our appointment times and convenient and flexible to accommodate your schedule;
- We don’t charge overtime, even on holidays or after-hours visits;
- We offer upfront pricing, with a transparent breakdown of charges;
- We provide a thorough diagnosis and explanation of our findings; and
- We have backing from a nationally recommended brand while operating locally.
For reliable plumbing services in Denton, dial or request your appointment online today.