Drain Cleaning in Denton
Signs of a Clogged Drain
Symptoms of clogged plumbing require professional attention as soon as possible to avoid further damage. The sooner professional help is sought, the easier and less expensive it will be to clear the clog and restore normal functioning.
Clogged drains are a common problem and can easily be identified by some telltale signs:
- Bad Smells. Any kind of bad odor coming from the drain is an indicator that something is wrong. This can include a musty smell, or sometimes an unpleasant sewage odor.
- Slow Drainage. When water begins to slow down and no longer quickly drains away after use, this is a strong sign of clogs forming in the integrated pipes.
- Higher water bills. In addition to physical signs of a clog, an increase in bills may also be noticed if the blockage has caused slow-draining pipes to cause any kind of back-up in the system.
Call us at (940) 293-4661 or request an estimate online for your next drain cleaning service today!
Frequently Asked Questions About Drains
How to Clear a Clogged Drain
If your drain is already starting to slow down, the best thing to do is to start with a hot water treatment. Boil some water and pour it carefully down the drain. This hot water should melt any potential greases or fats that might have accumulated in your drain.
If your drain is completely clogged, your best course of action is to get an inexpensive drain snake from your local hardware store or use an old wire hanger you don’t need anymore.
You can use either of these tools to dig into whatever is keeping your drain from flowing. These tools tend to bring up clusters of old food or hair trapped in the drain and prevent it from flowing. Dispose of whatever comes up in the trash can so it doesn’t end up going back down the drain.
What Can I Pour Down a Drain to Unclog It?
The safest thing to pour down your drain is water. Any other substances come with their risks.
For example, while caustic drain cleaners can effectively clear clogs, they work best when the sink isn’t completely stopped up. Likewise, the severe quality of the drain cleaner can not only eat through the clog but can eat through your pipes.
If your plumbing is older, we recommend against using caustic drain cleaners or vinegar and baking soda to clear the clog.
Is Bacon Grease Okay to Pour Down my Kitchen Drain?
We do not recommend pouring bacon grease, or any other type of grease, down your drains.
For example, while bacon grease seems like it should flow down the drain fine with hot water, think about what will happen once that grease cools back down. While it might liquify in warmer temperatures, eventually, the fat will cool and solidify, causing it to block the pipe and catch other detritus flowing down your drains.
How Can We Avoid Clogging Our Drains?
The best way to avoid a clogged drain is to avoid flushing or pouring anything down the drain that shouldn't be there. To help prevent these items from going down your drains, we recommend using drain strainers!
Some of things you should avoid flushing and pouring down your drains include:
- Flushable wipes
- Disinfecting wipes
- Coffee grounds
Why Choose Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Denton?
If you're looking for quick, reliable, and courteous drain cleaning, you've come to the right place. As homeowners like you, we understand the stress and annoyance clogged drains can cause. We're here to fix that problem.
At Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Denton:
- We've Served Hundreds of Customers. We've had the pleasure of serving many customers in Denton and the surrounding areas. We're highly rated for our thorough, professional, and prompt service.
- We Offer 24/7 Emergency Service. Sometimes, clogged drains don't wait for a convenient time. For that reason, we're available night and day to take your call - even over a holiday. Additionally, some plumbers charge overtime fees for emergency services. We, however, do not charge overtime.
- We Warranty Our Drain Cleaning Services. For your peace of mind, we offer a (30) day Done Right Promise related to drain cleaning services. With us, your job isn't done until it's done right.
With our drain cleaners in Denton, you can count on honest, quick, and professional service no matter the time of day. You're welcome to check out our testimonials page to see why our customers love our services.
Professional 24-Hour Plumbers
If your DIY solutions still don’t solve your problem, it might be time to look into calling a professional plumber. Our Denton plumbers have the tools needed to clear and clean your drains effectively. You can even schedule ongoing plumbing maintenance to prevent severe clogs in the future.
Our team can clear sewer system backups and use video cameras to determine the exact location of the clog. We can even use our patented HydroScrub jetting technology to clear the clog and scrub your pipes clean with a high-pressure water stream.
Few things are worse than a sink or tub filled with dirty water and refusing to drain. No matter how diligent you are about cleaning, you will experience a severe clog that normal DIY tricks can’t solve.
Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Denton has experienced plumbers backed by the reputation of a national brand with over 50 years of experience in the trade. Our drain cleaning technicians are available 24/7 to handle all your plumbing emergencies.
Need quick and reliable drain cleaning near you? Call us at (940) 293-4661 to request your service today. We arrive on time and make every effort to protect your home!