What Makes Drain Cleaning So Important?
You shouldn't put off drain cleaning longer than you have to! While it may not seem like a big deal, leaving a clog unaddressed will only allow it to worsen. Because the drain leads wastewater away from the home, it's a crucial part of eliminating foul food odors and potential contaminants. Plus, you'll have to deal with slow water flow and unusable sinks! Fortunately, our experienced team can remove clogs built from all the following:
- Paper products
- Food waste
- Mineral buildup
- Tree roots
How Do I Know I Have a Severe Clog?
Some residential clogged drains can be fixed with a run-of-the-mill drain cleaner you can get at the grocery store. However, on many occasions, you'll need an expert to take care of the problem. When exactly does a clog require a service professional? If you've noticed any of these warning signs, be sure to get in touch with our service professionals:
- Smells of rotten food or sewage
- Toilet water bubbling when running the sink
- Unexplained, soggy areas on the lawn
- Water pooling around shower drains
- Water backing up out of the sink
- Gurgling sounds when the washer or dishwasher is on
How to Remove Minor Clogs on Your Own
Whether your bathtub drain is clogged or your kitchen sink is no longer letting water through, you need a fix as soon as possible. In some instances, you can get rid of a clog with home remedies. Here's how to clear a clogged drain on your own:
- Plug one side of the drain or cover the sink's overflow hole
- Run water into the sink, filling it halfway
- Use a cup plunger to plunge the open drain
- Move the plunger up and down and repeat as needed
- If the clogged drain goes deep into the pipe, get in touch with Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Florida’s Heartland
A Clogged Drain May Be a Plumbing Emergency
A clogged dishwasher drain isn't normally what people think of as a plumbing emergency. But if the drain is constantly clogged and you can't figure out why, you could have an underlying problem that is an emergency. If you suspect trouble, it's essential to handle the issue right away. Thankfully, our customers across Florida Heartland can count on us for prompt service, friendly professionals, and guaranteed workmanship.
Dealing with a clogged drain is no walk in the park. But when your plumbing system runs into this issue, you can rely on Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Florida’s Heartland for help. We can help when the drain line is clogged, as well as when the toilet gurgles or awful smells emanate from the sink. Don't wait for exceptional service! Request an estimate today.