What Can Cause Sewer Line Damage?
Lots of factors can contribute to sewer line damage. Trouble can start from something as simple as a clogged drain to an event as noticeable as an earthquake. But when you know what can cause major sewer line damage, you'll be better able to catch problems before they become bigger. Residential sewer line replacement may be necessary if your pipes have been affected by any of the following:
- Tree roots
- Earthquakes and ground movement
- Ground freezing and thawing
- Old age
- Heavy Construction
- Hair, debris, oil, and grease clogs
- Inadequate maintenance
- Problems with the city's sewer line
- Poor sewer layout or installation
Know the Signs of a Broken Pipe
While you're sure to notice certain problems with your sewer right away, others may not be so apparent. Many times, these issues seem small and easy to fix yourself. Nevertheless, even tiny problems could lead to larger ones down the road. To keep the residential sewer line repair cost as low as possible, it's vital to catch issues early. If you're dealing with any of these warning signs, get in touch with Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Florida’s Heartland:
- No water in the toilet
- Flooding in the yard
- Patches of extra green grass near the sewage pipes
- Rotten smells in the basement
- Clogged or slow drains
- Sewage backup in the toilet or bathtub
- Gurgling noises from the toilet
How We Approach Residential Sewer Line Repair
Depending on your circumstances, our team will take a different approach to replacing a residential sewer line. First, we'll check for any ways we can repair the problem without an extensive replacement. Should a replacement be necessary, you can still rest assured that we won't leave a mess behind in your yard. In most cases, we'll take one of the following approaches to restoring your sewer line:
- Pipe Relining: The pipe relining process begins with cleaning out the existing pipes. Once the clogs are gone, we'll apply a new lining to the inside. This lining will solidify and adhere to the old pipe, creating a new pipe inside the old one.
- Hydraulic Replacement: Relining isn't feasible for every issue. If you need a more intensive approach to pipe repair, we'll consider a hydraulic replacement. This technique involves snaking a new pipe through the old one and breaking apart the old material.
- Frequent Maintenance: The best thing you can do to avoid the residential sewer line replacement cost is invest in maintenance. Our team offers a variety of maintenance plans to our Sebring customers.
We May Recommend a Replacement
While our first approach is always to repair existing pipes, sometimes, the pipes are too far gone to fix. In that case, we'll recommend a replacement technique. We'll walk you through different options for replacement and have your sewer system up and running in no time.
Say Goodbye to Broken Pipes
Don't deal with a sewer backup or constantly clogged drains! Get in touch with Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Florida’s Heartland at the first sign of a plumbing issue. Who knows—we may be able to catch sewer line issues before they pose a hazard to you and your family. Contact us today to inquire about an estimate.