The Importance of Clogged Drain Cleaning
Clogged drain cleaning is something you may feel tempted to put off. You may think you don't have time for a plumbing appointment in your busy schedule. Your drains are responsible for getting bacteria-ridden wastewater away from your home. If backed-up wastewater is not quickly eliminated you will be left to deal with awful smells, slow water flow, and unusable plumbing fixtures. What begins as a minor inconvenience can turn into a major issue that makes it difficult to cook, clean, and shower. So, getting speedy service is more important than you might initially think.
Know the Signs of a Clogged Drain
A clogged drain itself is obvious. Water can't properly drain out of your sink or bathtub, making it difficult to use your plumbing. But how do you know when a clog is out of control and requires a professional? The team at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Melbourne FL is here for you when a traditional drain cleaner can't get rid of the problem. Schedule a clogged drain cleaning service if you notice any of these warning signs:
- Foul odors, such as rotten food or sewage
- Toilet water bubbles when running the sink
- Unexplained, soggy areas on the lawn
- Water pooling around shower drains
- Water backing up out of the sink or shower drains
- Gurgling sounds when running the washer or dishwasher
Try This Method for Clearing the Drain on Your Own
Residential clogged drain cleaning services are a last resort for most homeowners. We understand you'd rather fix the problem yourself and not get a service professional involved. Fortunately, most clogs will go away with a little work on your part. Try these steps to clear your drain before getting in touch with a local plumber:
- Plug one drain or cover the overflow hole in your sink
- Fill the sink halfway with water
- Plunge the open drain with a cup plunger
- Move the plunger up and down as often as necessary
- No luck opening the drain? It's time to get in touch with Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Melbourne FL!
Common Residential Drains
The drains in your home may look the same, but they are all a little different. Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Melbourne services all drains in your home, including:
- Main Lines – The main line runs from the city connection to a central area under your home. The main line is the collection line for all other sewer/drain lines and allows if, clear, the sewage to move to the city main line and away from your property.
- Bathroom Drains – Bathroom drains are constantly working to push hair, soap, and toothpaste down your pipes. It helps to install drain covers and run hot water while you brush your teeth.
- Kitchen / Laundry Drains – Kitchen drains face the aftermath of oil and grease coating the pipes. It’s also important to avoid putting hard foods into your garbage disposal.
You May Have a Plumbing Emergency on Your Hands
A clogged drain isn't usually a plumbing emergency on its own, but if your drain is constantly plugging up, it could be a sign of additional problems. The clogged drain repair cost is small compared to what you would pay for extensive repairs down the road. If you notice even minor problems with your drain clogging up, be sure to talk to the professionals. We can diagnose the issue using fiber optic cameras and get your plumbing system up and running again.
Schedule Service with Us Today
If a traditional pipe drain cleaner just isn't cutting it, reach out to the team at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Melbourne FL. We help customers in Melbourne and all of Brevard County restore function to their plumbing systems. Don't let a pesky clog make it impossible to use your kitchen or bathroom. Contact us today to schedule an appointment!