Orlando Garbage Disposal Repair Services
Do You Need Expert Garbage Disposal Repair In Central Florida?
IIn-sink garbage disposals are the key to any properly functioning kitchen. Garbage disposals grind up the foods left over after your dinner is over, and help to ensure that food and waste from your kitchen do not end up causing a blockage in your pipes. Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Central Florida can examine, evaluate and repair your garbage disposal, at your convenience.
With expert plumbers standing by 24/7, there is no need to wait until a standard workday to get your garbage disposal repaired. We do not charge extra fees or overtime charges, regardless of when the work is completed. We understand that plumbing emergencies happen and that you need repairs handled professionally, and quickly.
When your garbage disposal isn’t functioning optimally, you can end up with clogged drains, leading to costly repairs. To ensure a severe food clog doesn’t cost you, here are some simple maintenance steps to follow:
- Never, ever, ever pour grease, butter, or other fats down your drain.
- Scrape large chunks of food off plates and pans prior to rinsing.
- Never put difficult to grind food items down the kitchen sink (i.e. bones, artichoke leaves, or other fibrous foods)
- Run water when turning on the garbage disposal, and allow water to run for 30 seconds after you shut it off.
- Place 1 lemon quartered in the garbage disposal and grind for 1 minute, with hot running water to get rid of any foul odors.
- Pour ¼ cup of baking soda into drain, and top with 1 cup of white distilled vinegar. Allow to bubble and hiss for a couple of minutes. This will loosen leftover food residue. With hot water running, turn on disposal for 1 minute and then flush further with running water.
If your garbage disposal quits functioning, or is making a loud grinding or whirring noise, call Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Central Florida. We will work to identify the problem, which may require disassembling the unit. In some cases, it may be necessary (or more cost effective) to replace the garbage disposal instead of repair it. Rest assured, we will give you an honest and accurate recommendation for the best course of action, and a written estimate.
Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Central Florida does more than garbage disposal repair; when you need trenchless pipe repair, sewer repair, have a clogged drain or need a new hot water tank installed, we will be there at your convenience.