Sewer System Backups in Melbourne, FL
Getting to the Root Cause of Sewer Backups
Plumbing problems often go beyond leaks and gurgling toilets. In some cases, your
woes issues could be due to a sewer system backup. This is a plumbing emergency
that requires immediate attention from a professional. But never fear—Mr.
Rooter Plumbing of Melbourne FL is here for you when you're dealing with
a residential sewer system backup. Over the years, we've helped countless
homeowners throughout Brevard County, FL, and we're eager to offer our
expertise to you as well. Our service professionals can tackle nearly
any plumbing or sewage concern.
Don't Miss These Warning Signs
You can't see your underground sewer line, so it's important to know the tell-tale signs of a problem. Many times, issues with the sewer system seem minor. But a combination of "minor" problems can indicate massive damage. Make note of these warning signs and get in touch with a local service professional right away:
- Standing water in the shower or sink
- Multiple drain backups
- Foul smells coming from the drain
- Toilet backups
- Gurgling sounds in the drain or toilet
- Water puddles
- Sewage backup into toilets and drains
- Slow flushing and draining in the toilet
- Patches of very green grass over the sewer system, even when other patches are withered.
- Algae and weeds growing in the water around the house
Tree Roots Are Often the Culprit
Tree root intrusions are a common reason we repair sewer system backups. Leaky pipes or too much condensation can attract roots and allow them to grow into the pipes. If your system has holes, cracks, or other separations, you may be especially susceptible to sneaky tree roots. Once one root takes hold, others might also dig the hole deeper and clog up the entire system.
How We Address Tree Root Intrusions
If you have a tree root intrusion on your hands, you'll need professional help as soon as possible. Fortunately, you can look to the team at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Melbourne FL for top-tier service. Depending on your unique circumstances, we'll offer solutions to this intrusive problem. Here are our strategies for stopping root growth and fixing the damage left behind:
- Drain Cleaning: Getting your drains clean is the first step to restoring the pipes. We'll clear the tree root clog and ensure water can flow freely again. Once the clog is gone, we can evaluate the extent of the damage.
- Hydro jetting and De-Scaling: Hydro jetting and de-scaling are short-term solutions to tree root intrusions. Your service professional will use pressurized water jets and state-of-the-art de-scaling equipment to eliminate all grease, debris, tree roots, and other buildups from inside your pipes. Once roots have intruded into a pipe the only way to solve the issue long-term is to replace or re-line the pipe.
- Pipe Lining: Pipelining is an ideal solution that offers a permanent fix to your damaged sewer line. During this process, we insert a new lining or coating into the old pipe. Soon, you'll have a fully functional pipe inside the old one. Pipelining requires little trenching or digging.
- Regular Maintenance: The best way to avoid a sewer system backup is to invest in regular maintenance. Ask about our Customer Advantage Programs which include an annual plumbing inspection of your home.
Tips for Preventing a Sewer System Backup
What's the best way to avoid the sewer backup prevention system cost? Staying up to date on maintenance! There are several other ways you can minimize your chances of a sewer system backup. First and foremost, avoid planting trees on or around the sewer lines. This keeps tree roots away from your pipes in the first place. Here are a few more tips for preventing a plumbing disaster:
- Never flush anything that isn't toilet paper
- Don't pour grease or oil down the drain
- Ask about installing an exterior cleanout
- Address clogged drains right away
- Have a trusted service professional on call
When to Request Plumbing Services
It's crucial to call a service professional at the first sign of a sewer system backup. This plumbing emergency can cause widespread damage and pose a health risk to you and your family. You can count on our professionals to provide prompt service with exceptional results. We'll discuss sewer backup prevention systems and the best ways to address the issue before it worsens.
Call Our Service Professionals Today
There's nothing lucky about a sewer system backup, but with Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Melbourne FL on your side, you'll rest assured the problem is being taken care of. Our service professionals have years of experience and are always prepared with the proper equipment. We'll always put safety first. Request an in-home estimate on our services today.