Expert Sump Pump Repair Near You
Unless you’re in the industry, you may not even think about your sump pump until it doesn’t work. With the purpose of automatically routing water out of your basement and away from the foundation of your home, sump pumps are critical in areas that receive high amounts of rainfall. Even if you aren’t concerned about basement flooding, a sump pump can keep your basement dry, preventing mold growth from leaking problems.
Sump Pump Maintenance Services You Can Trust
Our experts at Mr. Rooter Plumbing provide routine maintenance to keep your sump pump running efficiently for a longer lifespan. We complete thorough inspections to determine the root cause of any issues and can determine whether a repair is in order or if you’re due for a replacement. Our experts understand that if your sump pump needs repair, you want quick and reliable service. You can have total peace of mind and confidence when you call on us at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Middle Georgia. We stand behind our work and go the extra mile to get the job done quickly so you can get back to enjoying your home
Common Sump Pump Questions
How do sump pumps work?
A sump pump resides in the lowest point of your home. A sump is a pit, or a basin, carved below your basement floor that water flows into. The pump will detect water levels, and once the water surrounding the pump reaches a set level, the unit will turn on and begin pumping water to a nearby drain or area safely away from the home.
What’s the best sump pump for my home?
There are two main types of sump pumps: submersible and pedestal, with an additional battery backup sump pump option.
- Submersible pumps are electric. They sit with the pump and motor fully submerged in the basin, typically making them run more quietly while also saving space in your basement.
- Pedestal pumps are also electric, although the motor is separated from the pump. The motor remains out of the water, connected to the pump that’s in the basin via a hose. These units are generally easier to access for maintenance purposes.
- Battery backup pumps work similarly to submersibles and pedestals, using battery power rather than electricity to run. These are great to have in case of a power outage, as battery backups will kick into action if your main sump pump loses electricity.
Do I need a sump pump?
Consider sump pump installation as a form of insurance for your home. Investing in a functioning pump will bring you peace of mind in an emergency. Hopefully, you’ll never even need it. But if you do, you’ll be glad it’s there.
If you’ve been through a basement flood before, it’s a good idea to consider installing a sump pump before the next big rain. And, depending on the location of your home, i.e., if it’s located on a plot of land with minimal drainage, you may want to consider calling in a professional opinion.
When should I install a sump pump?
In a city such as Macon, you’ll want to have it installed before the rainy season begins.
Can I install a sump pump myself?
If you’re savvy with plumbing skills, this could potentially be a do-it-yourself project. However, given the importance of such a unit, it’s very common to call in experts who have training and experience meticulously installing sump pumps and understanding where to best set your drain point to avoid water coming back to your home.
What are the benefits of a sump pump?
- Helps keep your home safe from flooding due to snow melting or rainfall
- Protects your valuable possessions that are stored away
- Maintains the foundation of your home
- Defends your home from mold and mildew growth
How long will my sump pump last?
With proper care and maintenance, a sump pump can last an average of 7-10 years.
How often should I have my sump pump checked?
We recommend scheduling an inspection at least once a year to ensure everything is working smoothly. It’s always better to be safe than sorry!
Expert Plumbing Services in Macon
While some plumbing issues may seem minor, they could be serious emergencies in the making. That's why we recommend routine repairs from our expert plumbers in Macon - our plumbing services are affordable, and they could help save you from paying for emergency plumbing rescue in the future.