How to Spot the Warning Signs of a Drain Clog
If you are not sure whether you’re facing a drain malfunction, several warning signs may indicate you have a clogged drain. You may have a problem if you notice the following signs in your home:
- Water backing up from a sink drain
- Accumulation of water around shower drains
- Water pooling near drains followed by slow draining
- Bubbling toilet water when the sink is in use
- Gurgling sounds coming from the drains after using the washing machine or dishwasher
- Water accumulating on the floor near the sink or bathtub
- Foul odor from the kitchen sink
- Sewage smell from one or more drains, often an indication of a clogged sewer drain
If you notice one of these occurrences in your home’s drains, it’s essential to reach out to the service professionals at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of South San Gabriel to promptly remedy the issue before it becomes a more complex and costly problem.
Clearing a Clogged Drain
Clogged drains do not always require professional intervention. If you are experiencing a drain clog in a sink, you can try to fix it on your own before contacting our service professionals at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of South San Gabriel. Try the following steps:
- Run the faucet until the sink is partly filled with water
- For double sinks, plug one drain with a wet rag
- If there is an overflow hole, be sure to cover it
- Use a cup plunger to plunge the open drain
- Repeat the plunging process as needed
Clearing a Clogged Shower Drain
If you have a clogged shower drain, the process for clearing it is different from a sink drain. You will need to use a drain snake or a combination of a drain snake and drain cleaner to dissolve hair and other debris that may be blocking the pipes. If you are unable to clear the clog on your own with a drain clog remover, call Mr. Rooter Plumbing of South San Gabriel for assistance.
The Importance of Clearing Drain Clogs
Drain pipes can easily become lined with buildups, such as rust, hair, grease, and harsh minerals that can lead to the corrosion of your pipes. Once your pipes are compromised, bigger problems may arise. This can be prevented with regular maintenance from the professionals at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of South San Gabriel. We keep your plumbing in good condition, preventing costly repairs and pipe replacements.
Detecting a Plumbing Emergency
When one drain is causing problems and water overflows, you can turn off the valve for that fixture. However, if you are dealing with a drain emergency, such as a water leak, you should turn off the main valve entirely. If you are not sure where to find these valves or have other concerns, get in touch with the service professionals at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of South San Gabriel.
Choose Mr. Rooter Plumbing of South San Gabriel
When you need the expertise and dedicated help of a plumbing service professional, Mr. Rooter Plumbing of South San Gabriel is here to offer you an array of advantages. The benefits of choosing our service include flexible solutions and convenient appointment times, excellent customer service, and guaranteed workmanship and parts. Additional benefits include:
- No overtime charges
- Upfront and transparent pricing
- Locally owned and operated
- Courteous, uniformed professionals
Restore Your Clogged Drains Today!
If you are experiencing clogged drains in your home that require the expertise of a service professional, Mr. Rooter Plumbing of South San Gabriel is here to help restore the function of your home’s plumbing. Our experts are available to take your calls with our 24/7 live answering service that suits your schedule. Contact us today to request an estimate for your clogged drain repair service.