To read more blogs, click here.
March Into Spring Cleaning With These Tips
With spring right around the corner, it’s time to talk about spring cleaning!
You already know and do the usual deep cleaning tasks, so let’s focus on your toilet and garbage disposal.
Before you start cleaning, think about replacing your chemical drain cleaners that are toxic. We recommend you combine baking soda, vinegar and essential oils for homemade cleaning products that are healthier, more natural and support cleaner water.
For your toilet, use this DIY cleaner:
- Mix 1 cup baking soda with 15 drops of tea tree essential oil and 15 drops of lemon or orange essential oil.
- Let the mixture sit in the bowl for 30 minutes.
- Then scrub the bowl with a toilet bowl brush.
After you flush the toilet, it will be sparkling clean and your bathroom will have a fresh scent.
Let’s move to the kitchen! Here are step-by-step directions on how to create the same effect on your garbage disposal:
- Pour half a cup of baking soda into your disposal.
- Add 1 cup of vinegar slowly. (If you have a double-sink, plug the opposite side.)
- Bring a pot of water to boil while this mixture fizzes.
- Pour the boiling water very carefully down the drain.
- Put 2 cups of ice down the drain.
- Add 1 cup of course rock/sea salt if you have it.
- Run cold water, and then turn on the disposal.
- Finally, cut a lemon or lime in half, adding the halves to the drain one at a time to deodorize the disposal.
We hope you enjoy your new cleaners!