Sewer Line Repair in Oakland, CA
Trusted Sewer Services for Your Home
No matter how severe, a sewer line issue can quickly become a major headache. When a sewer line issue occurs, it can affect your home’s whole plumbing system’s performance. It is critical that you turn to a professional team of plumbers in Oakland as soon as possible when a sewer line issue is noticed.
Calling a professional plumber minimizes property damage that may occur and ensures your plumbing and sewer system remains reliable for you and your family.
When you need quick, durable, and honest sewer line repair in Oakland, turn to Mr. Rooter Plumbing of The Oakland-Berkeley Area. Once the problem is diagnosed, and a free estimate is offered, our team will perform the sewer line repair method your system needs. Fully trained and experienced, our team provides a wide variety of sewer repair services.
Some of the sewer line repair services we offer include:
- Pipe Relining – One of the least invasive repair methods, our pipe relining gives you a whole new pipe from the inside out. This method is simple and ensures your property’s sewer line cracks are fixed, and gives the rest of the pipe an extra line of defense against other future issues.
- Pipe Replacement – When a sewer line bursts or is too damage to be relined, it must be replaced. While we offer the traditional sewer line repair method involving the excavation of your property, we also offer the less invasive procedure that avoids the trench altogether. This trenchless technique involves using hydraulics to break apart the damaged old one and replace it seamlessly with a new pipe.
- Preventive Pipe Maintenance – The best line of defense from sewer line damage or other issues is preventing them from occurring in the first place. With professional routine maintenance and cleaning, you can further help prevent cracks, clogs, or bursts from occurring in the future.
When you need sewer line repairs, Mr. Rooter is here. Locally owned and operated, you can turn to our team for virtually any sewer repair service you need. We’re here to become your partner in keeping your property’s plumbing system running effectively around the clock.
What Are Common Causes of Sewer Line Damage?
Of course, many homeowners don’t really think about their sewer lines until damage occurs and leaves them with a malfunctioning system. Instead of standing by while water – and money – is wasted, it’s important to understand some of the common causes of sewer line damage so you can be proactive in preserving the reliability of your system.
Some common causes of sewer line damage include:
- Tree Roots – One of the most common causes of damage to sewer lines is tree roots. When trees grow near sewer lines, their root can bend, block, or even break the sewer lines to reach a water source.
- Poor Maintenance – Routine maintenance performed by a professional team continues to be one of the best ways to prevent sewer damage from occurring on your property. When routine maintenance is ignored, your system’s small problems can grow into expensive repairs.
- Old Age – With age, your sewage and plumbing pipes can begin to face an influx of problems. If your home is older, it’s important to have your pipes inspected and maintained more frequently.
- Physical Obstructions – From rats to trash, any physical obstruction can cause your sewer pipes to become clogged and bring your plumbing system to a complete stop. Remember, your drains are not trash cans, and you should avoid flushing down inorganic material.
As mentioned above, the reliability of a sewer pipe can depend on its age. In Oakland, a majority of the city’s sewer system is more than 50 years old. In fact, some parts can be even up to 100 years old. Due to its age, it’s very common for sewer line repairs to be needed on your property. Oakland residents may be able to contact Oakland directly for sewer repair if the damage occurs on a line the city is responsible for. You can view Oakland’s sanitary sewer system information page and find out more here.
What Are the Signs of a Broken Sewer Pipe?
Broken sewer pipes are no joke. When leaks and bursts occur, they can quickly become dangerous to your family’s health and safety due to the unsanitary nature of sewage. From bad smells to an influx of pests and rodents, there are several warning signs that you may be dealing with a damaged sewer pipe.
Some common signs of a broken sewer pipe include:
- Foul Odor – Whether you smell a foul sewer-like odor coming from your property or a specific drain, it should never be ignored. Bad smells are a telltale sign that your system is having an issue that should be addressed. From a simple clog to a major sewer line leak, it’s important to have a team of professionals locates the cause of the smell to find a solution.
- Slow Moving Drains – If your drains are moving a bit slower than usual, you’re not alone. A common sign of a clog, slow drains can usually be fixed via a plunger or a simple drain cleaning. If these methods don’t work, the issue may be deeper into your home’s sewer system. A major blockage may need to be removed from your property’s sewer line.
- Unexplained Puddles in Yard – From unexpected patches of green, lush grass to soggy, wet spots in the yard, both should be signs of concern. The sewage will not only give your plants the extra nutrition needed to get out of control, but your water bill will also begin to climb. Additionally, your lawn’s soil can start to dissipate due to the consistent saturation that is occurring.
- Pest and Rodents – Rodent and pest problems can be warning signs of a break or crack in your sewer line. Rats live in sewers and can invite themselves inside via even the smallest crack in your line. If you’re experiencing an infestation problem you can’t seem to solve, our video inspection services can prove to give you the answers you’ve been searching for.
If you notice any of these signs or have other sewer related concerns, be sure to give our team a call! We’ll come directly to your home to investigate and work to discover a solution that works for you and your family in Oakland!
Your Local Sewer Repair Professionals
No one wants to deal with the annoyance and frustration that comes with repairing your home’s sewer lines, as it can be an expensive repair. Lucky for you, Mr. Rooter Plumbing of The Oakland-Berkeley Area is here to take the stress out of your next plumbing need. Whether you’re dealing with a small crack or burst line, you can turn to our team of qualified and expert plumbing technicians to complete your Oakland sewer repair.