Common Causes of Sewer Line Issues
We understand that sewer backups can be concerning, but we’re here to help you through this matter and offer a swift resolution. A residential sewer line repair cost will depend on the issue and the work required to correct it. We always provide customers with upfront pricing before we do any job, and there are never overtime charges with our work for your peace of mind. One thing we do know is most sewer line complications are caused by these common issues:
- Tree roots growing into pipes and blocking the flow
- Hair, grease, oil, and sludge buildup
- Ground movement from construction or earthquakes
- Poor installation and layout
- Lack of maintenance
- Frequent ground freezing and thawing
Know What to Look for With Sewer Line Issues
Equipping yourself with the knowledge and tools to identify a sewer line problem early means the repair to fix the issue will be easier. As a property owner, it's best to address anything before it gets out of hand. A clogged drain can be a headache, but trouble with the sewer line can lead to significant property damage and pose health risks. Here’s what you should look for and call us at the first sign of any of these:
- Gurgling sounds coming from the toilet or slow drainage
- Low water in the toilet bowl
- Bathtubs that won’t drain or do so slowly
- Visible sewage backed up in any drains or toilets
- Noticeable odors of sewage anywhere on the property
- Greener grass near sewage pipes
Home Sewer Line Repairs
Our service professionals have options to repair your sewer line, and we'll explain your choices and how they will solve your unique situation. With competitive rates and proven services, you’ll be glad you called on us for help. Some of our repair options include:
- Pipe Relining – After cleaning out the pipes to ensure there’s no buildup, we’ll reline the pipes from the inside out to seal off any cracks or holes. This is one of the fastest and most effective solutions.
- Bursting Pipes – Using hydraulics, we blast away the damaged pipe and replace it with a seamless replacement. This is reserved for situations where sections of pipe are beyond repair.
- Preventative Maintenance – Sometimes, a thorough cleaning is all that is needed to remove clogs and scour the walls to ensure future blockages won’t be an issue.
We Replace Residential Sewer Lines
If we need to replace your residential sewer line because of old age, improper layout, or damaged beyond repair, our trenchless repair and replacement service means minimum disruption to your property. We don't have to dig up your yard, and we take steps to protect your driveway, home, sidewalks, and other surrounding areas. A residential sewer line replacement cost depends on many factors, but we will always provide you with an estimate beforehand.
Residential Sewer Line Professionals
Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Overland Park takes steps to ensure your residential sewer line repair service is completed as quickly as possible and convenient to your schedule. We invite you to call us anytime, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We always have someone here to answer your call to help you get an appointment as quickly as possible. Give us a call or request an estimate today.