Clogged Drains Are Easy to Spot
If you feel like there’s an issue with your pipes or plumbing but aren’t sure exactly what it is, there are some typical signs homeowners with clogged drains will notice. They can frequently occur if pipes don't receive routine plumbing maintenance. Take note of the following:
- Water that backs up into your sink
- Pools of water around the drain when showering
- Water that pools in the base of a sink and doesn’t drain
- Bubbles in the toilet as you run the bathroom sink
- Gurgling sounds come from down in the pipes as water drains
- The scent of rotting food around the kitchen sink
What Can I Do if I Have a Clogged Sink Drain?
A homeowner armed with a plunger might be able to clear a minor clog in a sink drain. This is much safer than attacking a clogged pipe with a drain cleaner. Store-bought options include chemicals that aren't good for the environment, and if used too frequently, they can cause problems for your pipes. When you notice any slow-draining water in the sink, take the following steps with a plunger.
- Take out the sink stopper if you can
- Use a wet rag to block the sink’s overflow hole
- Place the plunger over the sink drain and turn the faucet on to let some water into the sink — enough to slightly cover the plunger
- Tilt the plunger up on one side to let some water into the drain
- Plunge up and down over the drain about a dozen times before entirely removing the plunger from the drain hole
- The key is to create a strong suction force inside the pipe that helps push the water through the block
- Do this until the water flows freely down the drain
When to Call Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Overland Park
If you've tried to clear a clog with a plunger but haven't had success, contact us for help. This could signify that the blockage is further down the pipe, or you could have a sewer line backup. We should address either scenario, and our service professionals have the equipment and skills to assess the issue and offer the best solution. Clogged drain cleaning service is a routine plumbing repair, but sometimes it takes professionals like us with commercial-grade equipment to get the job done.
Our Clogged Drain Cleaning Service Options
Using the correct tools for the job is essential to ensure it's completed thoroughly. The last thing a homeowner wants is to think a service professional has cleared a clog only to have signs of a backup a few days later. You never have to worry about that with us. We offer thorough inspections to evaluate the depth of the problem and how many drains are affected. Our HydroScrub® Jetting delivers superior results for residential clogged drains. Not only will it blast through tough blockages in your pipes, but it will scour the sides to give them a deep clean.
Contact Us for Clogged Drain Cleaning Solutions
Do you have a plumbing emergency? Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Overland Park is a trusted local choice for residential clogged drain help in Overland Park, KS. There's always someone here to take your call 24/7, so we can schedule services for you as quickly as possible and correct your plumbing issue. With our upfront pricing, there's never a surprise when we're finished with our work. Contact us today to request an estimate for the clogged drain service.