If you live in San Diego, CA, and have problems with your water causing your plumbing, appliances, clothing, and other items in your home to have a shorter lifespan, consider a water softener. You may also want to have your plumbing checked for corrosion regularly. Corrosion can cause leaks in your plumbing, water heater, and your appliances if they aren’t cleaned and inspected annually.
Signs of Hard Water Problems:
- Mineral build-up around your water fixtures is a sign that you have hard water. These minerals not only make things hard to clean; they can stain and make your fixtures look bad.
- If you notice soap scum on the shower curtain or shower door, then you may have hard water. Soap scum is hard to clean, so it is advised to maintain it after each shower.
- If your water heater is under ten years old and you must keep replacing the heating elements, then you probably have hard water causing minerals to buildup in your water heater.
- If you have dry skin that is also itchy, then it could be the hard water.
- When you take your clothing out of the dryer, and it doesn’t feel soft, this is an effect of hard water.
- If you give up on trying to get your dishes to look completely clean because of spots or residue, this is also a sign of hard water in your home.
If your home shows the signs of having hard water, consider getting a water softener to get rid of the minerals in your water and make it “soft.” The benefits of a water softener are great, especially if you struggle with stains and corrosion because of the hard water in your house. Call a professional plumber at Mr. Rooter to make sure you have the right water softener for your home, and it is installed correctly.