During the fall months in San Diego, CA, you may experience more problems or worries about your home plumbing system. While there may not be anything wrong with your plumbing, preventative maintenance or drain cleaning may help you avoid bigger issues with your sewer line in the future. There are many habits you can adopt in your home that help prevent a clogged or damaged sewer line.
Typical Sewer Line Problems
- Sewage backing up into home drains is a typical fall problem in California. The best way to make sure that you can go through the fall and winter with your sewer line as clear as possible is to have an inspection and drain cleaning. If sewage backs up from the city line, then there isn’t a lot you can do to prepare during a storm, but clean pipes may make it less of a problem.
- A clog in your sewer line in the fall months could be because of tree roots, a combination of debris from your drains, or a shift in the ground below your main sewer line. Drain cleaning services and using screens in your sinks can prevent clogs that grow over time. Preventative maintenance can help eliminate tree roots from your sewer line.
- You may notice that you have rodents or bugs that are attracted to your property; this can be because of a broken sewer line that leaks into the soil. You may need replacement or repair services to fix the problem and get the leak to stop.
- Slow drains in your sinks, showers, and toilet usually mean that there is a clog in your main sewer line. If you have a clog that won’t move at all and affects other drains in your home, then you may have a total clog. A complete clog needs repairs before you can have a fully functioning home again.
- Gurgling and other noises can mean that you have air in your sewer line that bounces off a clog and makes noises because it travels back up the secondary pipes. To fix this, have your drains cleaned, so everything gets pushed through.